Baby Name vent...and question

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
People can be so damn rude! I found out last week my baby is a boy (yay!).

When I first found out about the pregnancy, I told my son that if the baby is a boy, he could name him (he's the only boy right now, lol)

So he said that he wanted Ryan Kesler, but he already has an Uncle named Ryan so Ryan isn't an option. He then asked about Kesler by itself, which I thought was kind of cute, and it's not common either. I'm aware it's a last name, and a hockey player, but I think it's adorable as a first name too.

Anyway, baby is a boy, so Kesler it is. I'm also big on Biblical boys names, although not religious. I debated for a while between Kesler Benjamin Silas and Kesler Benjamin Levi and while I'm leaning towards Silas, I'm still open to other suggestions.

So I posted on Yahoo Answers asking for other suggestions of Biblical Boys Names to go with Kesler Benjamin _______. I mentioned that it was chosen by my son, and that I wasn't looking for opinions on Kesler, just suggestions for the second middle name and all my kids have two middle names.

And what do I get back?

"Kesler/Kessler is a Jewish last name. It's odd to use it as a first name"

"Kesler is a Jewish last name. I know you said you don't care, but that's what it is. Benjamin Silas is much better. Don't do two middle names. If you were Jewish and that was a maiden name and had a lot of meaning that would be fine but the last name of a hockey player. Seriously your going to listen to a 5 year old"

The next gave suggestions.

Finally, I got:

"Poor kid being named a last name for a first name. I already feel sorry for the kid and he's not even born. Parenting classes should be mandatory. I bet you're not even Jewish either"

Like seriously, WTF?! It's like, I'm not naming THEIR kid, I'm naming MINE! And I was only asking for MIDDLE NAME suggestions, not opinions on his name. Why are people so rude? It's not like I'm naming him Apple, North West, or Peaches Honeyblossom!

What is wrong with people?

Is "Kesler" REALLY that "out there" as a name?

Anyway...if anyone has any other Biblical boys names suggestions to go with Kesler Benjamin _______, they would be greatly appreciated. Leaving my options open and want to make sure I haven't skipped any possibilities.

I don't know anything about the background of Kesler as a name but I think it's cute and not odd sounding. Do what you want! Somebody will always disagree :shrug:

why two middle names? I think silas and levi are both nice but I would also sway toward silas.

I have three other kids who all have two middle names. It's been a tradition in my family for the last few generations, so just keeping up with it. :)

People love to be idiots on there because it's pretty anonymous and there's no real community. No, it's not that bad! I don't like it, but that's probably cultural differences etc (you probably think my son's name is a girl's name!), and I have heard way way worse on here. My maiden name is a very popular first name in the US and I find it really odd but others obviously love it!

I didn't realise Kesler was a surname, or a Jewish name....! So I wouldn't worry about that!

As for a second middle name, I won't be of any use, I really hope my baby is a girl or it will not have a name...as I cannot think of anything! Middle names I have! Michael (after hubby) and Anthony (my daddy's name, who recently died), but I'll be damned if I can think of a first name!

I didn't know it was Jewish either, Sqwidge. But don't fret on a first name. My 5 year old son had his middle names before his first name too, lol.

as long as its not offensive to a culture (like using Cohen) then I dont see why it matters

Kesler sounds fine

middle name sugestions are:

Noah
Cain
Moses
James
Joseph
Adam
Able
David
Andrew
Jacob
Gabriel
Joel
Tobias
Saul
Aaron
Ethan
Simon
Stephen
Abraham
Mathew
Gideon
Bartholomew
Asher
Michael
Jonah
Jeremy
Samuel
Isaac
Caleb
Jordan
Paul
Alexander
Jude
Peter
Daniel
Elijah
Nathan
Job
Lucas
Marcus

This is EXACTLY why I didn't post anything about my name ideas. #1 My baby's name should be chosen by me and my family. I love outside opinions but in the end I really don't care about them. #2 People who comment on those name posts just get brutal. Its like really? Why show you're a complete prick all over a baby's name that you'll never even meet. If someone decided the wanted to name their kid Poopy McPot Licker then you know what? More power to them. I personally would probably say I'm not a fan of that name but I wouldn't slam the parents over their choice. (now that was a pretty extreme example lol)

Two of my highschool friends got married and had a baby a couple years ago and she LOVED the name Bryden. I personally think its cute. She got all sorts of upset over the fact that people on a forum slammed her name choice.

So I chose Landon for my baby's name. The only people who had any input in the decision was my husband and I. I didn't tell anyone until we were 100% set on the name. I have people ask what his name is going to be all the time and when I tell them I either get a "awww that's so cute" or an "oh" lol. The "oh" usually is followed up with them giving me name ideas but its like if you want to have such input in a child's name go have your own. Naturally the "oh" usually comes from people I work with or something like that whom I really don't care for anyways lol!

I personally love the name Kesler. (then again I'm also a hockey fan, my nephew is named Kane after Patrick Kane lol!) I actually literally just bought my brother a Kesler jersey lol!!

^^^ Out of interest, why is Cohen offensive?

its a sacred name in the jewish faith only certain people are allowed it as it shows they have a pure blood line

pretty much the same way your not suppose to be able to name your child a title (lord, justice, judge, doctor, lawyer etc...) it serves as 'intent to deceive'

Basically, people think they're billy bad a$$ when they're anonymous behind their computers and looking for a reason to make other people feel bad. I really LIKE Kesler! I also used two middle names for my first son, so I totally understand keeping it up! :)

Don't let some random internet aholes sway your decision. If you like the name, and are happy with it, it will fit your baby!

^Interesting. I didn't know that. I like Cohen, but probably wouldn't have used it anyway. Thanks for that info!

Never ever use yahoo answers for questions. I asked a simple question about infertility (before finding out I was pregnant) and got a response of "whore." Yupp. I guess that's what women who want babies now are called. So ridiculous. But I think it is a lovely name and it is your child either way <3

Oh and I also have a first name and two middle names :)

Kelser is cute. It's very different...and there are a lot of last names that are also first names out there. The bigger plus is...its your kid, you can name it whatever you want. Please just don't name it Kitchen Sink or something ;)

If we have a little girl she will have two middle names on her birth certificate but I'll only really use one when addressing her. She will be Willow Jane (Jane after my grandmother who is like a second mom...) in person and Willow Jane Marie (mine and my mothers middle name) on paper.

Don't let those a******s get you down. :hugs: There are plently of names that are last names (Jackson immediately came to mind). I don't see the problem with it. Same with two middle names. If I have another son, he will have two middle names.

I really like your name choice and I love that you let your son pick. :flower:

Kesler Benjamin....

Adam
Abel
Alexander
Andrew
James
Ryan
Jonathan
Isaac
Lucas
Noah

I do think the long "I" sound at the end flows best. Something short also, like Levi, Ty, Kai/Kye, Eli, etc.

I really like Kesler! I also see no problem with two middle names, especially for a boy who wont pick up a married name (probably)!

I knew Kesler was a last name and I hate last names used as first names, but it doesn't matter what I hate because it's your baby :flower: Although, I do think it is a bit weird if you're not Jewish, I mean not that everybody knows that it's a Jewish name, but would you call your child Mohammed if you're not Muslim? Maybe it's because I assume all parents name their children according to their belief? :shrug:

Anyway, how about Eli/Elijah as a middle name?

I do like Kesler Benjamin Elijah.

Honestly, I didn't know it was Jewish until I posted on Yahoo Answers. We associate it with the hockey player, Ryan Kesler (who is not Jewish).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->