Baby Name vent...and question

I knew Kesler was a last name and I hate last names used as first names, but it doesn't matter what I hate because it's your baby :flower: Although, I do think it is a bit weird if you're not Jewish, I mean not that everybody knows that it's a Jewish name, but would you call your child Mohammed if you're not Muslim? Maybe it's because I assume all parents name their children according to their belief? :shrug:

Anyway, how about Eli/Elijah as a middle name?

my son is Cain Jake but im not Jewish... most western names are Hebrew/Jewish

Go for it if you like it. I don't think you have to follow a particular religion or be from a certain culture to use a name you like, nobody 'owns' a name and if anyone is offended then that's their issue.

I like it, some people are just rude.... You aren't naming him hash tag. It's a good strong name

my son is Cain Jake but im not Jewish... most western names are Hebrew/Jewish

Yeah but Kesler, like Cohen, is normally a last name, so I would assume someone with that name is Jewish, that's just something I, personally, would assume, that's all :D

Yahoo answers is full of immature kids trying to make themselves sound clever. I don't ask questions on there anymore because of all the stupid replies I usually get, ranging from random spam that doesn't even relate to the topic (ie: lose weight fast when you're asking about a hairstyle) to totally rude and inappropriate responses.

I agree. Yahoo Answers is the WORST. People go in there just to upset others. DON'T let it upset you. That's all they want. How rude. I think Kesler is a cute name. I thought it sounded familiar but couldn't pinpoint it until just now. It is the last name of my children's doctor. He's an outstanding doctor, and I think any child would be thrilled to share a name with him. A number of people have my last name as their first name, and if it wasn't my last name, I WOULD use it for my child. It's a great name. So what if it's also a last name? Anyway, I think it's wonderful of you to let your son name his baby brother.

I don't have any ideas for you. I don't know Biblical names at all. But I did want to share that my sister named me, and it made her feel much closer to me. She was an only child and 9 years old when I was born, so it was a huge adjustment. It made her much more excited about my arrival and having me as a sibling because she got to be a part of it. I did hate my name (and it was a common name), but I changed it when I was old enough and moved on with life. Not a big deal if your child ends up not liking his name - we all face that possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->