Baby names......like my dogs name?!

_Nell

mummy
Reaction score
We have a little girl, i wasn't too sure if we'd have another baby at all so she has my 2nd favourite girls name as her middle name - Grace.
( now wishing i'd saved that!)

We are now expecting another baby. Would be boys name sorted but stumped for girls names.

My 4 year old labrador is called Nellie and it seems baby names we keep coming back to sound similar.....would this bother you? I can't decide. Sadly dogs don't live forever and while i know my doggy might find it confusing i hope a daughter would live a long healthy life and i'm not sure I want to feel like i chose my 4th or 5th name choice because of a dog.

Possibilities i like are Ellie and Millie. We also had Callie or Halle.
So you see, they DO sound like Nellie.....i know it's our choice but if you knew someone who did similar, what would you think?!

i wouldn't probably notice unless someone pointed buyout tbh, how about Matilda/tilly at least in its full form it sounds different

They are not the same name. It's fine. :) Cute names btw.

Ellie would be confusing but the others arent that similar

whay not use full names though?

Elinore
Elliott
Elisabeth
or
Millicent
Mildred

It's nice to sense check these things.

I think Ellie is too similar yes, even if the dog gets it our child might have a complex :haha:

I'm leaning towards Millie, we nearly picked it for our daughter back in 2012 but then i worried it was too similar to my niece Emily. I'm over that niggle though (she's a teen and we only see her once a year in any case)

I'm notkeen on the full names but we might have Millicent on her birth certificate so she has a choice to be known by that when she's older.

I don't think it's a problem, I bet no body would even notice if you didn't point it out.
Dogs names are becoming a lot more like people's names so I think it's totally acceptable x

They're not the same at all, it's totally fine! Though my parents have a dog called Toby and my LO is Rory and my parents are forever getting them mixed up so they're obviously a little similar, but no one has ever commented.

not the same but my son is Jake and my brother is Jack, when talking to my parents we all get a bit mixed up lol but in normal life it doesn't affect anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->