Baby no.5.... Annoying comments!!!

MommaJJ

Reaction score
Anyone on baby number 3/4/5? I'm on number 5 and when anyone finds out the first question is "was it planned?", annoyingly I actually give them an honest answer which in hindsight why the hell am I explaining! I just say, it was a big but much wanted surprise... Queue next dumb comment..."don't you have a tv?" Oh har har, that's original! Or "you must be mental", yes and you must be a rude tw@t! Will I ever hear "congratulations, your kids must be so pleased" or something positive!
Rant over.

:hugs: people can be pretty insensitive! This is 'only' baby number 2 and a few people have made comments about how hard it or going from one to two, like I haven't really considered what hell im plunging myself into!

I would love a big family but DH doesn't so I think after this one we are done.

I would just tell people yes baby #5 was planned as you always planned on a big, happy family! Xx

Just so you know, I found going from 1-2 pretty easy, I think it's odd when people say that as all kids eat together, go bed about the same time etc, it's just routine. I think if you have routine and the kids know it then it really doesn't matter how many you have :)

Thanks, that's reassuring! ik sure it'll all be great, I'm thinking about the longer term when the kids have got each other to grow up with. DH and I are both only children and surprisingly, both of our parents have made reference to how difficult it is between 1 and 2. As if they'd know!! X

People always seem to be quick to mention all the negative point of having kids, even when I was pregnant with my first, it was like 'Oh you don't know what you've got youself into, all the sleepless nights, dirty nappies, your life won't be the same again' blah blah blah. Yes motherhood can be hard work, but its the best thing in the world, there is nothing better than having children!

A woman I work with has 5 children, they are grown now, she always gets comments when she says she has 5, like 'was there no tv in your house' but I would love her family life, her kids are all really close, live near each other, they always have big family meals every week, family holidays etc, christmas day always looks like a blast in their house! They have kids of their own now and they are all growing up together, I think its lovely. If I didn't hate pregnancy so much I would deffo have more :D

I'm on #5 but have only had these questions/statements twice so far although I'm sure there'll be loads more by the end like there was with #3 and 4. We haven't really told anyone apart from close family so far though and a few others so I think that helps, that and what with winter and being covered it's not too obvious yet.
I'm sure most people just want something to say, I do wish it was more original though as it always seems to be the same thing :dohh:

I've got 3 so not exactly a huge family, I've only had one positive comment! Which was something along the lines of 'they're lovely age gaps'. I allllways get 'you've got your hands full' 'you're mad!!' Not very nice really

Oh you poor thing. I can imagine. I'm on baby#3 and I get those comments I can't imagine with 5. Last month at a bday party for our friends kid, one woman was simply baffled by the fact that I was pregnant with our third. "Was it a surprise?" She she asked no I answered. Then she preceded to ask " but how are you going to manage? Omg 3 kids. " the entire time looking at me as though I had 4 heads... I got so annoyed I walked away People are so stupid it baffles me.

I'm expecting number 3 and had the no tv comment just last week when I was at a playgroup with my DS! It is so frustrating when you're made to feel like you've done something wrong. I also have a very lively 7 month old golden retriever puppy who is a handful but the house wouldn't the same without him! And I get asked round the school gates how are you going to cope when you've got a baby aswel? None of your f***ing business is what I want to say!! It's just pointless people saying things like this. X

Oh and the worst one... 'You need to ask your doctor about being sterilised'... This is my definately my last baby but they don't know that and what gives them the right to tell me to stop having children, my husband and I never ever have help with our kids, never have a babysitter or time off at all so who are we hurting? He works 72+ hour weeks and provides for us as well so we are not claiming extra benefits. Arghh I'm all tense and angry now lol

I'm on baby #4 and I get those comments ALL the time...and even from my own family. It's really disappointing.
I always just make the comments back that we are sooo happy, excited and a big family is exactly what we wanted. They shut up right away.
I get the 'OMG you're crazzzzy'...'was it planned'....'was it an accident'...'are you going to turn into the duggars?'....'I hope this is your last'.
I never got those comments with two kids, and started to get a couple comments when I was pregnant with my 3rd but now that I'm pregnant with my 4th it's a different story.

I get this allllll the time. Anything more than two kids seems to be too many to some people...

I personally think that having a large family is an awesome thing. I would love to have lots of children. I sometimes day dream of 30 years in the future when the family all get together back home with me and my husband each of them with their own husband's and all getting along lol x

Really pisses me off the comment 'was it planned?' Ummm wtf does that matter?!

People used to ask my sister that as her No4 is now 18 months old & only babies 1 & 4 of hers were actually planned! People should def keep comments to themselves!

I come from siblings of 3, 2 always seems too little to me but il see how we get on having 2 over the next couple of yrs ;)

I'm on baby #4 and I get a lot of, "Wow..." "You're going to be BUSY!" or "You've got your hands full." Thankfully nothing overly rude, but I think that's because I live in Utah, where big families are very normal, so 4 kids is just considered average. The comments I get are usually because of our age gaps (15-18 months between all of them).

I think 15-18 months are lovely age gaps, hectic once a newborn arrives for first few wks i imagine but they grow up very close, my sisters middle 2 are something like 14 months apart & they are really chummy its lovely :)

I think 15-18 months are lovely age gaps, hectic once a newborn arrives for first few wks i imagine but they grow up very close, my sisters middle 2 are something like 14 months apart & they are really chummy its lovely :)

That's our hope, that they'll all be really close friends. :flower:

I agree with Pink, tell them to shove it! Everyone makes their own decision. Like you said - you and your DH provide for the family and take care of the family - it is therefore your choice and your decision. People are so rude and disrespectful sometimes I wish I could just slap them. It's up to you and your DH how many children you want to have and as long as you and the kids are happy that's all that matters.... And btw, even if you didn't have a TV you could still have birth control... How annoying. I'm so sorry!!!

Congratulations!!! I'd love a big family if God plans. I started baby making late in my 30's an wish I had more time on my hands. I'm on baby 3 an would love another. I turn 37 an don't have luck on my side. I'm sure extended family have been surprised as all my cousins have stopped at 2. I'd tell them to mind their own business! Children are a blessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->