Baby no.5.... Annoying comments!!!

Ive been really lucky and not had many bad comments ( although this baby wasn't actually planned though lol ) but i do get a lot of "oh you're going to have your hands full" comments and when it was just the 3 boys i got a lot of comments on having to try for a girl etc. I came out of an elevator in a shopping center, DS3 in my arms and my 5 and 6 year olds trailing behind me when someone looked at us then looked into the elevator and was like hope there's not any more to come? Wtf!!! I was really offended, whats it any of your business if there was?
People suck! Im one of 5 kids, DH is one of 4 so big family isn't new to us.

I can totally relate to this!! We're on number 4 and my youngest isn't even a year yet. I actually find myself avoiding telling people because I don't need their stupid comments on how my life is gonna be over etc etc.
I'm so happy about it...a little scared...but having kids is a blessing and miracle no matter what number you're on...people need to zip it! Haha

Oh no, sorry you are dealing with the insensitive comments as well! We are on baby 5 and normally get the usual "really, are you insane!" "no tv in your house then?" "try using contraception many people find it works wonders" "I take it you will be having your tubes tied after this one?"

I hate the comments so much that I haven't really made a 'thing' about being pregnant this time (the comments from baby 4 really hurt - I had two boys and one girl and everyone kept feeling sorry for me when we found our baby 4 was a boy). We are the same, very rarely require anyone to help out with the children, I work full time and have managed to get myself a 'good' job so we are financially solid but once you move past three children it seems you have broke the unwritten rules of the land!

Congratulations by the way on baby 5 😁

:hugs: people can be pretty insensitive! This is 'only' baby number 2 and a few people have made comments about how hard it or going from one to two, like I haven't really considered what hell im plunging myself into!

I would love a big family but DH doesn't so I think after this one we are done.

I would just tell people yes baby #5 was planned as you always planned on a big, happy family! Xx

OMG I can totally relate. Thats the first thing people say.
I wish people could just be happy for us. I know if anyone ever tells me their pregnant even if their not happy about i themselves I am certainly going to be happy about it for them.

I am feeling some of the "shame" from hubby's family because we are not technically married yet. As if a piece of paper really matters.

I'm sorry you had to hear such comments :( Your babies are lucky to have a mommy and daddy that have so much love to give! There is nothing wrong with wanting a big family.

People can be so rude sometimes. I hate that question ' was it planned ' as if its anybody else's business. That is what my SIL said when we told her about our 3rd being on the way, so annoying. Definitely nothing wrong with having a big family at all. To be honest I think at the minute it is portrayed as the norm to have 2 children, like on adverts they always seem to have 2 kids. I have 3 siblings and it's nice to have that.

Anyone on baby number 3/4/5? I'm on number 5 and when anyone finds out the first question is "was it planned?", annoyingly I actually give them an honest answer which in hindsight why the hell am I explaining! I just say, it was a big but much wanted surprise... Queue next dumb comment..."don't you have a tv?" Oh har har, that's original! Or "you must be mental", yes and you must be a rude tw@t! Will I ever hear "congratulations, your kids must be so pleased" or something positive!
Rant over.

Bit late here on this q but yes!
Just had my fifth baby and wow yes keep your comments to yourself, my friends all think I am crazy ! Except for one who also has just had her fifth :dohh:

My kids my life keep your comments to yourself , I always ask when they are giving a sibling to there only child that usually shuts them up lol x

I think my comment would be.... "Wow, you're a fertile pair, aren't you?" but it would certainly not be intended to offend. I'd hope it would be taken as a light hearted, positive thing.
I think it'd be fab to have a bigger family, congratulations to you!

Some people say comments like that not meaning to be rude, but some mean them in a rude way so your reaction should really depend, I think some are generally surprised as now 3 is the accepted number. Which I think is stupid, some people just want 1 and some want 6. It's not our decision to tell people not to reproduce!

When I was pregnant with my first, DH's cousin commented on our announcement post and said "someone passed the goalie!?" As if it was an accident. I just deleted his comment cause I wasn't going to dignify it with any answer.

I think big families aren't for everyone and that is a huge blessing that you get to do something most of us couldn't! Congrats!

I'm on baby no5 I have a 10yro then twins who are 4 and daughter who is 3 then baby on the way... a lot say oh your busy.... how do you cope... and same don't you have a TV... to me I have chosen to have more children why do they even need to say Antrying! Do they have to look after them? No its us mummy's who choose too... I tend not to say anything anymore... I've had some say oh you having anymore I just say never say never lol xxx

This is no.3 for me and iv already been asked quite a few times 'woah was it planned' I presume because of my age gaps. I then had a supervisor at work who actually shouldn't even have been told about my pregnancy say 'congratulations!....or is it?'

Like ok it wasn't a 100% known about baby. I didn't check ovulation of anything but if I'm not using protection properly of course I know there's a chance and also it's no.3 I get what I'm doing. Just annoys me as it feels like I'm not a good mum as people are always asking if there mistakes

I can completely relate to this and feel very strongly about it! When I became pregnant again with this baby, my third, I was bashed so much for it. I don't ask anyone for help with the two I have already so why in the world should I be judged for having kids that are nobody else's responsibility but my own? I feel now like I have to automatically explain why I have a boy and a girl and one on the way, which is absolutely ridiculous. I shouldn't have to explain my actions. If I want a big family, why is it anyone else's business how many kids I'm going to have or whether they were "accidents"?

I am one of 5 and I love my family, there is 8 years between the oldest and the youngest, so we are all pretty close together. We have all started having our own children and so far there are 7 (+1 on the way) grandchildren all within 5 years of each other. Christmas is brilliant!! Luckily my parents have a vey big house, so we can all get together there.

I am on number 3 only a few family members know so far, but they have all been really positive comments. As far as my parents are concerned the more grandchildren the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->