Baby Noah was born 12 days overdue :)

amymarx

Mum of 1 beautiful boy :)
Reaction score
Sorry this has taken a while to post but have been quite busy with my new baby :cloud9:

Noah Alexander Rhys McRoberts was born 23/8/11 weighing 7lbs 10oz and is absolutely perfect!! :happydance: :happydance:

I was due to get induced on the 23rd Aug at 12 days past my due date but my waters broke that night at 2.30am! I woke up that night with a bad cramp but I didnt think anything of it because I had been having cramps for ages. I went down to the bathroom to have a wee and thats when I noticed this warm stuff coming out 'down there' I wasn't sure if I had just lost control of my bladder or my waters had broke so I got a mirror and looked down to see what hole it was coming from :blush: lol. I then went upstairs to wake up my OH and more kept leaking out so I knew for sure then that it was my waters. I phoned the hospital and they told me to come up and we got there at about 2.50am. At this stage my contractions were every 5 mins. At the hospital I was examined and was 3cm which was a good start and they sent me up to the Home from Home unit which is a midwife led birth centre within the hospital. I got the last room and was really happy as they have birthing pools in each room and I had in my birth plan that I wanted a water birth.
Anyway I laboured away in the pool with gas and air which was great but my contractions were coming on top of each other and the midwife thought I was going to be ready to have a baby soon so I got out of the pool and was then examined at 7am and was only 4cm!! I was sooo disappointed i had only progressed 1cm in 4 hours and I was really in a lot of pain so I decided to go up to the labour ward to get remifentanil (its a drip with a button you push to release the painkiller into your blood).
Once I got the remi put in my contractions slowed right down and I was falling asleep in between them lol I was examined again at 10.30am and was 7cm so things were starting to pick up :thumbup:
Very shortly after my examination my contractions picked up again and were coming thick and fast. The remifentanil only worked every 2 minutes and my contractions were about a minute apart lasting about 45 seconds.
I was examined again at 11.40am and was 10 cm and the midwife told me just to do what my body felt like doing so every time I had a contraction I pushed.
I ditched the remifentanil and gas & air at this stage because I just didnt have time to use them as my contractions were on top of one another.

I was pushing for about 2 hours when a doctor came in and examined me and confirmed that baby was the wrong way up and was back to back. They told me to keep pushing in the hope that he would turn himself around.
at about 3.30pm about 7 other medical staff (doctors, midwifes, anesthetists) all rushed into the room and I had no idea what was going on!! They explained to me that I had to get prepared for a caesarean section or assisted delivery (forceps) and started reading out all these statistics and making me sign disclaimers.
Keep in mind at this stage I had been 10cm and pushing for nearly 4 hours!!! :dohh:
My poor OH was crapping himself when they whisked me off into theatre. I had to move onto from the bed I was on, onto the bed in the theatre and as I did this more of my waters came out and they were heavily stained with meconium. I was still contracting all the time and even with they had me sat on the edge of the bed giving me the epidural I had a massive contraction and I just had to push through it. It was so horrendously painful to be pushing whilst sitting upright on my bum and knowing that no matter how much I pushed this baby just didn't want to come out! :nope:

They told me that they had given me an episiotomy and were using the forceps to help get the baby out. I asked them when my OH would be coming in and the said when the head was out. Before I knew it he was at my side and my baby was out at 3.48pm!! He was covered in meconium so they took him straight over to the baby doctor and I didnt get to see him :cry: he didnt cry for about 5 minutes after he was born but we he let out his first cry my OH and I couldn't stop crying lol

Once they cleaned him up they gave him to my OH who was sent to the recovery ward with him to wait for me. Meanwhile I was being stitched up (16 stitches) and was then brought round to recovery only to see my baby boy 30minutes after he was born. It was far from the natural water birth I had wanted with my baby being delivered straight to my chest but it was completely out of my hands and I didnt really have a choice! I just wanted to do what was best for my baby!

I had tried so hard to go without getting and epidural only to get one 5 minutes before my baby was born lol but the relief I felt once it kicked in was amazing!!! I had been 10 cm for 4 hours and it felt soo good to finally have a break!

Anyway baby Noah and I are doing great and all the pain was so incredibly worth it. Hes feeding really well (infact hes a complete gorb my boobs havent has 10 mintues peace!) lol :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Sorry if this ended up really long! Heres a few photos!

Attachments

• DSCF3906.jpg
    DSCF3906.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF3910.jpg
    DSCF3910.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF4019.jpg
    DSCF4019.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 72
congragulations! Your story is really inspiring for us poor overdue women!!!:flower:

hes beautifull hun massive congrats xx

Congratulations! The last picture of him is adorable :)

Congratulations. What a labour! So glad all went well and you are getting to enjoy your new family. The pictures are adorable.

yaaay im so pleased for you. Congratz on your gorgeous little boy. hugz sorry you didnt have it go the way you wanted but least it turned out ok ^_^

Congratulations!!! What a little baby for being so far overdue! Haha... my nephew was 2 weeks late and weighed almost 10 pounds... SO LUCKY YOU !;)

congragulations!
https://primeaffiliate.com/track/images/22.gif

awhhhhhhhh there he is, My amazing gorgeous wee nephew!!!!

I love Noah cuddles, and tonights were awesome!

i know ive told u already lots but u are a FAB mummy and you are both such natural parents! SO proud of all 3 of you, thank you for giving me such an amazing nephew! <3

Congrats!!! Beautiful baby you've got there, so precious!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->