Baby Noodles Number two - Birth Story!

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Are you sitting comfortably?!? then I shall begin...

I had had several growth scans with this pregnancy all putting him between 4th and 30th percentile, which is one hell of a jump I also had to have regular CTG monitoring (twice a week) and weekly doppler scan. On Friday 3rd June I had an appointment with my consultant and a growth scan, I was told that my baby had shrunk (I'm not sure that that is possible but they told me it anyway!). He was 6lb 3oz at 35+6 and supposedly 5lb 12oz at 39+1. The consultant decided to induce me. There were no beds available on Friday so they booked me in for Saturday. I called up on Saturday and was told that I couldn't be induced then and I would have to try again on Sunday.

Sunday came and I called at 10am and was told to go in at 12.30pm. When I go there no one even took my blood pressure until 5pm. I was given a pessary at 5.20pm and then the waiting game began.

At 10.50pm I started to have contractions, I told the midwife this and she examined me and I was only 1cm dilated so she didn't believe that I was having contractions, but decided not to give me the second pessary just in case it over stimulated my uterus. A couple of hours passed and they were getting stronger so I decided to in the bath, after 2 hours of emptying it and refiling it I got out and asked her to check me again I was now 2cm dilated (11 hours after having the first pessary). I was put on the CTG monitor where my contraction where 4 mins apart (pretty much like they had been since 10.50 the previous evening). I got back in the bath as there was nothing that she could do.

At 8am I was examined by a different midwife (following the shift change) who told me that I was 4cm dilated and she broke my waters. Several hours went by and I kept telling her that my contractions were getting stronger and that I wanted some drugs. She offered me co-codamol which did nothing. At 11am I asked for gas and air and I was told that I couldn't have any as I wasn't in established labour and they only have it in the delivery suites and there were people much more further along than me that needed it. So I just had to suffer through it.

I managed for another 30 mins, before having another moan that I needed something to take the edge of the pain and she said that she would see what she could do (although seemed in no rush). At 11.50pm she got me a bed in a delivery suite (more to stop me buzzing her every 2 mins than anything) and told the midwife in there that I wasn't in established labour so she was in no rush to examine me. I finally got in the room at midday, by which time I was just so happy to have my gas and air I could have hugged her!

After about 40 mins (now 12.40pm) my contractions where getting stronger, but I kept being told that I wasn't in established labour which scared me as I know the difference between early labour pains and established labour pains, so I inquired about having an epidural. I was told that she would examine me in a few mins and we would discuss the options.

She disappeared for a few mins and then examined me at which point she looked shocked as not only was I in established labour I was fully dilated and ready to push. So I had basically manged to get to 8-9cm dilated with no pain relief other than two co-codamol tablets whilst sat in triage. I pushed for 10 mins and at 1pm Riley Joseph Cameron Fellows was born weighing 6lbs 15oz.

I had another post postpartum hemorrhage and lost a litre of blood, but as I lost 2.5 litres when i had Dylan I counted myself lucky. I had a tiny tear which as stitched up in no time and I came home today!

Thanks for reading, here are a few pics!

Attachments

• 100_6024.jpg
    100_6024.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_6106.jpg
    100_6106.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Nicki and Riley.jpg
    Nicki and Riley.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_6124.jpg
    100_6124.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 140
Congratulations on your gorgeous little boy xx

Congratulations, he's gorgeous!!! Well done for going without the epidural, I'm usually requesting one from 2cms :lol:

Congrats. Riley is beautiful and you look amazing after just giving birth!!!

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful :)

And I agree with Leelee, you look incredible considering you'd just given birth! :shock: Beautiful pics :)

yay I came on just to search to see how you went - well done!!!! he is beautiful!!!

Huge congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He's gorgeous :) And you look amazing for just giving birth!!!

Congratulations again :)

Congratulations! Riley looks gorgerous and you look amazing for having just given birth!

Congratulations! Gorgeous boy and you look wonderful, really glowing! Glad to hear it went well and he's a good size xx

Congrats noodles, he is beautiful, sorry to hear you haemorrhaged again. I did with my first, frightening isn't it.

At least they have let you home to start enjoying being a mummy to your 2 little creations.

Well done xxx

:hugs:Congratulations!!!!! Awww he's a little cutie. Hope Dylan is enjoying being a big brother :thumbup:

Your induction sounds pretty much like mine with them insisting I wasn't in established labour for hours and hours while I felt like climbing the walls in agony!! Then of course when they actually examined me I was 8 cms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->