Baby not pooping?

venusrockstar

~Aspiring Photographer~
Reaction score
My almost 4 week old baby has not really pooped in almost 2 days...there is sometimes small amounts like the size of a pin head..but nothing I would consider to be a good amount. She is peeing a lot...but no poops..what is happening? Should I be concerned?

This happened earlier in the week too and then she had a massive one that was more brownish and REALLY runny. It exploded through her whole diaper and ended up soaking her pj's too...like the whole diaper was full of runny poo and it covered her whole bottom...but then she goes days without pooping?

Everything seemed fine until this week. She was getting about 3-4 poops a day that were about the size of a golf ball and they were yellow/seedy looking...and now she is barely having any poops, but gets the occasional explosive runny brownish one.

My baby's poop patterns have changed quite a few times since she was born. BF babies can go a while without pooping, or a few times a day...its all normal.

That's reassuring, thank you.

I was getting concerned.

Olivia's pooping routine used to change all the time hun, sometimes it was a few a day then others it was easily 10 days. Breast milk can be used up completely by babys so doesnt leave as much waste.

Is you lo feeding more often? If so she may be going through a growth spurt and her body may be using up more of your milk than usual x

ped told me that normal bf poop at this stage should be yellow and seedy. But if it isn't seedy and just runny/liquidy then it is diarrhea and should be monitored.
My LO used to go poop every feeding and now she is going a day or two without...not sure what is up. :)

Well...she went all day yesterday without pooping again and we just had another massive poo explosion in her diaper. This time it seeped out to the point where she got some in her belly button. It was runny, yellowish/brown with some seed...but it fills up the entire diaper and runs up her back and up onto some of her tummy...is this diarrhea?

Hi

I don't think so; the thing is if your baby hasn't pooed for a few days the seedy bits kind of 'dissolve' for want of a better word and it can get extremely runny as well but otherwise smells normal (maybe a bit more yoghurty!), actual diarrhoea usually smells unpleasent, may have watery/mucusy bits in and is often green. I do find a lot of medical professionals are not aware of normal variations of breastfed baby poo and they think any runny smooth textured poo is abnormal when for many babies it isn't.

Soph x

We had 3 poops like what you described so far...it literally puddled in the diaper like water and had a slight smell to it and it was every where, not like her normal yellow seedy poop (by the way the "seedy" things are actually milk curds)...my guess is that it could be diarrhea..at least for us I think it is. I am thinking our problem could be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and she is getting too much foremilk which has a laxative type effect. ?

Let me know if you find out anything. I will be calling the pediatrician if she continues to have that type of poo today.

For the first 3 months Bella went about a week at a time without a poo - now i get about 2/3 a day!! Enjoy it while you can lol :hugs: xx

i'm very worried as my 3 yrs old DD had hard stools and bloated stomach since 2 weeks ago. The bowel is so hard and the texture is so dried up! Anyone care to share any ideas how to solve this??

i don think its normal for your child's condition.. Maybe u can try increasing her liquid intakes but somehow u still need a long term solution to prevent constipation.. Pre-biotic is milk is good for constipation.

Try giving them more vege and fruits! Drink plenty of water, then should be fine. Kayyyy

My child's stool is so healthy now. Last time it used to be dark brown and harden. Thanks to Mamil that solve my problem.

I think u can try Mamil la, try switching ur milk formula and see the difference in 7 days time. U'll be surprised! This is bcos Mamil has prebiotics and also no sugar which is good for children constipation treatment and prevention. Also Mamil has highest DHA level in the market. Hope it helps!

My DD also drink Mamil since she was 3yrs old. Its been 2 years since the first consumption, till now she have no prob with her bowel, no constipation so far! Hopefully this will continue on :)

I've tried Mamil previously, the constipation prob still exist. Idk whether isit the food intake of my child got prob or Mamil just doesnt work for my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->