Baby number two. How can I prepare for breastfeeding?

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my son I struggled so much with breastfeeding. I desperately wanted to feed and managed 11 days. I felt that I let my son down and myself.

I am SO keen to try again and breastfeed this baby. I've researched le leche league and found out where their local branch is and drop ins.
What else can I do to prepare?

Thanks x

I suppose what you need might depend on what happened with your first. I'd say a really valuable thing is to find out what normal baby behaviour is and normal breastfeeding behaviour.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. My first ds I bf him for a few weeks but found it so painful and dreaded every feed, I was suffering from exhaustion and cracked bleeding nipples so switched to formula which was absolutely the right thing to do for both of us but I still felt guilty. When I found out I was pregnant with ds number 2 I knew i would want to make bf work but didn't put so much pressure on myself. I did a lot of research and met with a bf support worked a few days before my due date who showed me different positions, perfect latch etc. I think just get lots of support and go into it relaxed and you will be fine! My baby is 10 weeks old and I'm loving every minute of bf him. I found it painful still in the beginning but this time only lasted a week or so. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->