Baby On Board badge is actually working!

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
Though I would mention this to any UK commuters. Before I got my badge people would tell me that it wouldn't make any difference..... "no-one ever gave up their seat for them when they had a badge" etc. But I thought I'd try it anyway.

I work in London once a week and am happy to report that, since wearing my badge, every time there hasn't been a seat available someone has offered me theirs! :happydance:

So there we go, not all London commuters are miserable so-and-so's :thumbup:

I second this! When pregnant with my daughter and working in London I always got given a seat. I always find I get a seat when I go into London now, even without a baby on board badge. I think sometimes people just don't like to make the call on whether someone is pregnant or not, as it's not always easy to tell!x

That's great to hear!

I used to have to get the tube every day, but got a job closer to home a few months before I became pregnant. I've only has to use the tube a few times while heavily pregnant, and even with the badge on people just ignored me even though I was visibly being pushed and squished by people!

Wow you must have some nice passengers. i was offered a seat a total of 4 times through out my entire last pregancy whilst wearing that badge, and i do a 1 1/1 commute each way on 1 bus and two trains. Even when i had to sit on the floor a few times with a massive 7month bump i got offered nothing.

havent started wearing it yet, as kinda feel there no point, and until i get a noticable bump (not just lookign fat) just not worth it

Wow you must have some nice passengers. i was offered a seat a total of 4 times through out my entire last pregancy whilst wearing that badge, and i do a 1 1/1 commute each way on 1 bus and two trains. Even when i had to sit on the floor a few times with a massive 7month bump i got offered nothing.

havent started wearing it yet, as kinda feel there no point, and until i get a noticable bump (not just lookign fat) just not worth it

Oh dear, these are exactly the sorts of stories I'd been hearing that had made me think it wasn't worth getting the badge! Sorry your fellow passengers were so thoughtless :(

I go along the central line from Marble Arch to Liverpool St, so my train is full of Bankers - who would have thought they'd have such good manners!

Oh dear, these are exactly the sorts of stories I'd been hearing that had made me think it wasn't worth getting the badge! Sorry your fellow passengers were so thoughtless :(

I go along the central line from Marble Arch to Liverpool St, so my train is full of Bankers - who would have thought they'd have such good manners!

Alas i am a banker lol. no the only people who ever seem aware of others is builders/tradesmen...always seem first to get up for elderly or ineed people.

but i do get on the trains that come from the south coast, so often people on them for a good 1hr or so before i get on.

Alas i am a banker lol. no the only people who ever seem aware of others is builders/tradesmen...always seem first to get up for elderly or ineed people.

but i do get on the trains that come from the south coast, so often people on them for a good 1hr or so before i get on.

Oh no! Sorry! I'll just take my foot out of my mouth..... :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->