Baby on board signs

LoveCakes

Reaction score
What is the actual point. It's not like drivers would intentionally ram you normally. Plus drivers who cut you up or overtake never think they'll make a mistake so it wouldn't change their behaviour. I don't hate them I just don't get it?!

No point in them at all.
Also they can restrict your view, I cant stand them!

Yeah they annoy me like cant hit us we have a baby on board. But everyone else is fair game

I believe their purpose is if you're in an accident they will look for the child first?

No point to them at all, except maybe to say "hey kidnappers, I have one right here". I refuse to get one. I also don't have one of those family stickers on my back window advertising how many kids I have. Call me paranoid but you never know with the world as it is.

I think car seats are a giveaway if children are present. Xx

I believe their purpose is if you're in an accident they will look for the child first?

I thought that was the point too, they are priority in an accident x

I have a friend who is a firefighter and hates them as they're always in the car but the child isn't so they can waste time on injured adults looking for kids who aren't there. They have to check the whole car anyway. Plus you'd see the car seat.

I wonder what the babe on board signs are supposed to mean lol

I think they're mostly used to be cute? I don't mind them, just don't have one. :shrug:

my guess is meant to be pure cuteness. We did have one for a while, but it's been removed. It was a stiff plastic one with a suction cup (you can get decal ones). It always rattled against the window and annoyed my husband, so it came off.

Also, he does a lot of running around on errands solo, so our car seat is actually rarely in the vehicle, and it made the sign that much more pointless as there usually is no baby on board.

I always have thought it was to stop people parking right behind you, allowing enough room to get the pram out/in the boot.

I always thought it was for emergancy services.

If you are in a road traffic accident, the paramedics know to look for an infant...

I always used to tell my LOs dad off for driving around with his baby on board sign in his car window, even though he only had LO once a week. I was concerned the paramedics would waste valuable seconds looking for a child that wasnt there.

I could be totally wrong though.

they bug me but even worse people who have "Bull Terrier on board signs" its just annoying who cares if you have a bull terrier

I got one for our new car simply coz all the back windows are completely blacked out so no one would know to look for kids in an emergency or not.

They're a pet hate of mine and hubby, for all of the reasons stated and they just look a bit..."look at me I procreated" a badge of honour kinda thing, don't get me wrong I'm excited to have kids and all they're awesome, but I don't feel the need to advertise it from my car.

Surely emergency services are trained to look for children otherwise it would be a legal requirement....? I very much doubt if I were to crash they wouldn't not look in the back because I didn't have a sign.

I don't like car stickers in general but these I really hate, especially the ones that have 'princess/prince *insert child's name here* on board'. Someone once told me that they had them in case 'they got distracted and had to slow down'?? :shrug: they are just a pet hate of mine!

Having said that...with an Xbox game DH got he got a free 'minion on board' sticker which he put up in his car and I've just let that one go :haha: it was more about the relation to the game to him than our actual son!

I hate them! So what is the message exactly? Be an idiot driver around everyone except me?

Nothing worse than having "powered by fairy dust" no dickhead it's powered by petrol/diesel if you are old enough to drive you are at least 17 and really shouldn't believe in mythical creatures lol !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->