Baby on board signs

I had one for the first 3 months of my DD life as I would drive at a snail's pace out of fear of her getting jumbled to much on the rough roads and whatnot and wanted people to realize why :haha: I took it off once I got over the fear of driving like a normal human :blush:

I really dislike them. They're pointless.

My mum's partner is an air ambulance pilot and we were talking about them recently. He said there is nothing worse than those who have them as it puts everyone on edge if there is no child there. People spend a few extra, valuable, minutes looking for a none existent child and still spend the time worrying that they've missed something.

However, he once arrived at an accident and the woman driving was out of it. The child in the back was terrified obviously, but her name was on the sign so they were able to talk to her properly.

The very fact that some people use them differently renders them completely pointless as they can obviously not be relied upon by the emergency services. They will not know if you are one of the people that only have them on when your LO's are in the car or have them on all the time.

The other reason they are pointless in that sense is because they don't convey how many children are in the car. If you had an accident with two children in the vehicle, would you expect the emergency services to stop looking once they had found the first one because there is only one sign?

I'd, honestly, never even heard of them being used to indicate child[ren] in the car for rescue personnel.... I always thought they were to warn other drivers to be caution when driving around them [ie in hopes of keeping tailgaters off your butt, people from cutting you off, or to keep people from getting mad if you take a turn slower]... I would think that the car seat or base would be enough of an indication of children present when it comes to emergency situations... :shrug:

I did think of this thread, though, when I was behind a car that had not one but FOUR stickers indicating children on board - and they were strictly to keep you "away from the car". There were the usual "Baby on Board" but there was also "Baby on Board - stay back" and "Baby on Board - use caution" :wacko: That's overkill and rather obnoxious :haha: One is enough.

Lol my dad says they are to warn you that the driver with them is more likely to be erratic than the other drivers as they will be watching kids and not the road and driving while putting dummies back in mouths, settling arguments etc...

I use them not to park beside as you're more likely to get doored by someone who needs more room to get kids/ car seats in.

if i had a car, i personally wouldnt have a 'baby on board' sign, i do however want a 'mother in law in boot' sign.. my dad had one, and used to put it up when he took my grandma shopping.. the only difference is, i hate my OHs mother!!
how much bother do u reckon this sign would cause nowadays

if i had a car, i personally wouldnt have a 'baby on board' sign, i do however want a 'mother in law in boot' sign.. my dad had one, and used to put it up when he took my grandma shopping.. the only difference is, i hate my OHs mother!!
how much bother do u reckon this sign would cause nowadays

That's hilarious :haha:

my dad also had a Leeds utd player peeing on a man utd shirt.. he loved that one, and this is my dad with OCD and has to hide any air fresheners cos they look tacky.. he just had to have that on show but was in the back passenger window

My windows are too tented to use one so I don't. However, I do want to write on the back of my car something like "stay the fuck back. Baby might be in car." Vulgar, but whatever. I am tired of people getting close to my ass with my child in the car. When lo was born, dh put "newborn and father with license to carry in car" :haha: he doesn't even have a gun but whatever floated his boat.

I do, however, want to get a sticker that says "my dinosaur ate your stick family." Lol I love that one. I actually read though to not ever put any stickers on your car that are indications. No family stickers, no school stickers, nothing that could give potential predators information.

We have never had one. . . I've seen them in the shops and they are suction pad ones . . . Those things never work properly anyways and I highly doubt it would still be stuck to the windows after a bad enough crash where a child could be found anywhere but on the seat

I had one when LO was a newborn because I was very nervous and would drive ridiculously slow. I hoped it would make other drivers be more understanding and not just think I was was a terrible driver :haha:

TBH, everytime I see those signs, it's like an excuse to tell me why they're going so slow. To which I become even more annoyed because they're in the fast lane. <_<
As a result, those signs = idiots, is my first thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->