Baby on move in cot - keeps banging head!

everhopeful

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone elses' LO do this? Noah is always on the move and I find him lying with his head really pushed up against the sides now!! He seems to have a little bump from last nights sleep and I am worried it is waking him up.
Is there anything I can do? Are bumpers around the cot a real no no?
Thanks,
xx

Hiya hun,sorry i dont have much advice but Connah does this every night and we did have cot bumpers on.we have had to take them off as he has recently discovered how to take his mittens off and now he is pulling at the bumpers:dohh:

So really there isnt alot we can do tbh:shrug:
We just leave him to it,he doesnt wake up or anything and i presume he isnt hurting his head or he would be crying xxx

We had this problem, Liam pulling his cot bumpers off so weve scrapped his cot and have gone for a travel cot and hes been fine ever since

I have this problem Effy pulls it everything, her bumper, her mobile. Anything she can get her hands on, but she also moves around for side 2 side and ends up with her head touching the top but never seems to wake her up or bother her. xx

We created a "bumper" by putting a rolled up towel under the mattress, is wasn't high enough for her to squash her face against, but was enough to stop her wriggling around or up too much.

https://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/original_foogirl/09-08-24c-2.jpg
You can just about see the outline of it around her in an upside down U shape. This was when she was smaller, we've got a bigger one now. It seems to work fine.

Seren does this EVERY night, sometimes she bangs her head so loud it scares the crap out of me!
I've come to accept that I can't really prevent it now, I havn't tried bumpers but don't really want to as I know she snuggles into things with her face so that'll make me just so much more paranoid. Seren's only woken maybe once or twice from banging her head though, so it's not affecting her sleep too much x

We created a "bumper" by putting a rolled up towel under the mattress, is wasn't high enough for her to squash her face against, but was enough to stop her wriggling around or up too much.

https://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/original_foogirl/09-08-24c-2.jpg
You can just about see the outline of it around her in an upside down U shape. This was when she was smaller, we've got a bigger one now. It seems to work fine.

Great idea,will be trying this! x

Great idea,will be trying this! x

I'd love to take credit, but got the idea from the NNICU where they had foam sausages around the babies to create a wee nest. It seemed to make sense to do the same when she was leaving the cosiness of the moses basket!

It has to do with them missing the womb. Being against the "wall" reminds them of being against mommy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->