baby porridge or baby rice?

lyre

Reaction score
just wondering if people started with rice or porridge when first weaning? was thinking of not using rice just giving some plain porridge at breakfast once he reaches 6 months. have heard rice is not very good nutritionally, is porridge better?

We actually used neither, you don't have to use rice or porridge.
But as far as I've heard, lots of babies seem to prefer porridge to rice.

i'm using a teaspoon of baby porridge each morning after his usual feed, purely coz it tastes n smells better to me & seemed like a good place to start, lol.

none i gave veg at dinner time then went on to give normal porridge if baby is over 6 months they dont need baby porridge or rice.

The Plum brand porridge is good - it's actually quinoa, millet, amaranth and something else I forget... but very nutritious wholegrains rather than bleached white rice.

Leah had rice first as i was told by the hv and she was my first so i took it as gospel lol

we quickly leart that baby rice tastes like cack

Jacks first taste was carrot

I've read that you gotta be careful with normal porridge and cerials (not baby ones) because they have a high salt count. A child should have no more than 1g of salt a day x

What becstar said. If your giving adult food, just watch out for the salt content. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->