Baby porridge v oats

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of porridge, and I'm wondering if I absolutely have to use baby porridge or could I just use normal oats? I use Quaker oats for my breakfast so there's nothing at all added.....they're just oats. Surely I could use these and maybe blitz them with the blender if needs be?

Thanks and please let me know if I'm mistaken :thumbup:

I just use normal oats, I've never bought baby cereals

I'm the same as Lu.

However, it depends when you start offering it, as babies under 6 months shouldn't have gluten, and oats contain gluten. Baby 'porridge' is gluten free, as it isn't really porridge strictly speaking, according to Cow and Gate it is 'a blend of cereals, milk proteins and vanilla flavouring'.

However, it depends when you start offering it, as babies under 6 months shouldn't have gluten, and oats contain gluten. Baby 'porridge' is gluten free, as it isn't really porridge strictly speaking, according to Cow and Gate it is 'a blend of cereals, milk proteins and vanilla flavouring'.

MMmmmmmmm sounds tasty :haha:

Thanks for that :thumbup: - I'm not very good with the whole food allergies things as I can eat anything lol....must do some more checking on that. Hoping it will be 6 months though as you know.

Yeah sounds gross doesn't it. I'm the same, I can eat anything too so I've had to get good at label-reading very quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->