Baby Posterior at 39+1, Any Hope?

Tawn

New Mummy!
Reaction score
So believe me, I have done my research on spinning babies and every other website out there of how to get baby to turn, but she is stubbornly staying posterior despite my efforts.

I spent all of yesterday on my hands and knees cleaning the floor, try and lay only on my left side leaning forward, spend hours on my birthing ball, have tried couch inversions (being upside down) and cat flexes on my hands and knees on the floor. And still NOTHING! :nope:

I am so frustrated because I have been hypnobirthing from 25 weeks, drinking 4 cups of RLT a day, staying super positive and active and looking forward to my best attempt at a non-medicated, intervention free birth. And I feel like her malpositioning could possibly be knocking me off that track before I even start and it is getting me a bit down :(

I have managed to stay so upbeat this entire time, that I don't want to lose it at this last stage...so basically I am looking for any hope or success stories of FTM's with posterior babies who had successful vaginal births?

DS was posterior, he didn't turn but my MW did hold hope that he might, she said she'd seen babies turn hours before birth.
Although DS didn't turn I had a successful vaginal delivery, it was great! I did have gas and air for some of it (from 7cm until shortly before pushing) but I could have done without it, I just enjoyed it :haha:. Back to back doesn't automatically=bad labour! :D

Ds1 was posterior until labour. He was breech until 37 weeks but remained back-to-back. My waters went at 5:30am and he was still posterior then but at some point he turned on his own and I gave birth vaginally just after midday. I did require an episiotomy but that had nothing to do with his position, he just got a bit distressed and needed to come out quickly.

I found that due to his posterior position, I naturally stood and leant forward during each contraction to counter the back labour and I'm pretty sure that helped him turn last minute.

Ds1 was posterior until labour. He was breech until 37 weeks but remained back-to-back. My waters went at 5:30am and he was still posterior then but at some point he turned on his own and I gave birth vaginally just after midday. I did require an episiotomy but that had nothing to do with his position, he just got a bit distressed and needed to come out quickly.

I found that due to his posterior position, I naturally stood and leant forward during each contraction to counter the back labour and I'm pretty sure that helped him turn last minute.

I laboured like this until 6ish cm, definitely found it the best position for easing the back pain :)

Thanks so much for your inspiration ladies! I desperately needed that today, just knowing that it is POSSIBLE to still have a great vaginal birth keeps me hopeful rather than just getting all doom and gloom (which is very unlike me!) :flower:

I will make sure to stay very upright/active to help myself labor and baby turn if possible!

Me-my daughter was a very large baby 4260g and was also posterior and my first. I delivered her posterior (did end up with forceps for exhaustion) and shoulder dystocia (not related to OP positioning) but still delivered vaginally :) you can do it! You'll be great x

Thanks so much for your inspiration ladies! I desperately needed that today, just knowing that it is POSSIBLE to still have a great vaginal birth keeps me hopeful rather than just getting all doom and gloom (which is very unlike me!) :flower:

I will make sure to stay very upright/active to help myself labor and baby turn if possible!

You can do it!! :D. Honestly I loved giving birth and can't wait to do it again! This LO has been switching from posterior and back again (DS was 9lb 15oz so he didn't really have room to turn, little chubs :haha:) and I'm not at all worried about having another back to back baby :)

All 3 of my babies have been posterior and they have still been the best births ever.

My son was born in 3 1/2 hours on just gas and air, my daughter was 1 and a half hours with just gas and air and my baby boy Oscar born 3 days ago was born in 30 mins!

I don't know what a normal birth feels like but from my experience it has never been dreadful and always manageable.

You'll be absolutely fine hon, don't worry about baby turning - most babies turn during labour xxx

That is so funny Mandyblur because I was JUST reading your birth story in the birth announcements section (literally 2 minutes ago!) Congrats!!! I can't believe how fast that was and that your DH caught your son on the couch!

You ladies are my attitude saver today! I have been so grumpy all day fretting and now I am just going to be determined to have the best attitude I can and continue to be happy and excited about my upcoming birth!

Now I'm off to do my natal hypnotherapy track and do some strong visualizations! :)

Hey tawn hope your keeping well? dd was posterior and she was much easier than my first labour I was in labour only 4 hours and the pain was manageable so I wouldn't worry to much because in my experience its much easier x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->