Baby prefers one side - getting lopsided.

rachelleigh

Reaction score
My LO has a strong preference for my right breast and I've noticed in the last week that it's quite a bit larger than the left. I've now been offering the left first at every feed, though sometimes he will refuse it until after he's done with the right. My left nipple used to be quite difficult for him as it was partially inverted, though he's done a great job of pulling it out and is now capable of a good latch. I imagine that is at the root of all this.

Do you know if this is anything to be concerned about? The cosmetic issue is only mildly concerning to me and my husband doesn't care. I may start pumping after a couple feeds in addition to offering that side as much as possible. Any idea how long it takes to see improvement?

Thank you!!

As long as you make sure he feeds from both side equally, it will work itself out. My left breast used to be much bigger than the right in the first few weeks, I had massive oversupply and overactive let down on that side, I had to stop feeding from that side for a while, and once it calmed down a bit, I made sure he alternate between them and now they look normal.

It might be a position thing too. If you try rugby ball underarm position on the less prefered side it might be your LO feels like it's their favourite side and nurses better. Worked for me early on this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->