Baby product brands? Weleda?

Hippiemomlife

Reaction score
So I'm laying here awake at 2:30 in the morning with mild anxiety over which baby products I should get (i.e. Lotions, oils, diaper cream, bathing, etc.) Lol :wacko: I live in Europe (Austria) and the recommended brand seems to be Weleda. I looked up the website and it does appear to be a good and natural brand, however, I read up some of the ingredients and there are some added fragrances in a lot of the products - as well as benzyl benzoate (I think it's also used for fragrance). Does anyone have any experience with the Weleda brand? Or what brands do you recommend? Thank you! :thumbup:

I used to live in Switzerland, and Weleda was a big brand there... at least for adults! :) I liked their stuff and it was popular with the Swiss who very much like natural complementary medicine etc. Not sure on their baby stuff though, as I did not get any experience with them.

I was a nanny there, so can let you know what the parents used for a few things. I thought they made good choices- good brands but trying to stay natural where possible. :)

They used:
-a few drops of almond oil in the bath (brand less over the counter from pharmacy)
-formula: holle (bf only early on)
-baby's bum: bepanthen

They also had a good teething gel brand... will see if I can look that one up.

I am pretty sure t his is the teething gel brand:
https://www.osa-osanit.ch/

We used the pflanzliche version first and thd other one if the plant gel wasn't cutting it!

Ooh, Weleda is my favourite nappy cream! I've occasionally used the body lotion and shampoo on my son, too. Love the smell :cloud9:

I don't have a tube to hand but I think the nappy cream contains zinc, which is a more active ingredient and I found it soothed a red bum faster than non-zinc creams. Pretty much all brands work pretty well as a barrier cream, though.

You can usually get samples to try out before you buy a full tube/pot. Either ask in the pharmacy or go to their websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->