Baby puke - 1st bottle of the day

sheepy99

Reaction score
Leah brings up the whole bottle about twice a week - it's only ever the morning one though. She's often a bit phlegmy (sp?) in the morning and I think it's that may be causing it to happen. It happens as you are winding her and the entire bottle comes up making a mess of me, her and the sofa! It's as if the milk is sitting on top of the phlegm and get's caught and comes up with a cough/burp. It happens straight after the bottle not later or anything.

Any suggestions on what I can do to help clear her chest before I give her the bottle or I'm going to need a new sofa very soon!

when alys was stuffy with a cold the doctor said to sit on the side of the bath with the hot tap on cos the steam will unclog all the phlem (Sp) also sometimes i wait for a few minutes before i burp alys sometimes and that helps as the milk has had a bit of time to settle?

sorry if im now help

xx

Are sure it's the whole bottle? Have you tried the old trick of spilling a bottle on purpose and seeing what the quantity looks like?
If it really is a lot, I would speak to your HV.

Yep I've tried that and if it's not the whole bottle it is pretty much most of it. I used to think it was the whole bottle in the early days until I saw just how much mess a full bottle makes! She's gaining weight so I'm not worried about that as such and it's only ever the first bottle of the day a couple of times a week. She doesn't seem worried about it herself and normally she will take another bottle straight down. The only problem at the moment is that she is teething like mad so she won't take another bottle after as here gums are too sore from the sucking.

My lo used to throw up 1 whole bottle a day, everything under the sun was blamed. Saw the pea'd he said 'is sshe upset/hungry after shes sick.............no'
Well just dont feed her it, so we dropped a bottle and shes not done it since

do you feed on demand and look for signs Lo may not be hungry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->