Baby put whole dummy in his mouth

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
My 8 month old baby likes to chew on his dummy a lot with his gums. Today he put the entire dummy into his mouth and almost closed his mouth around it. I was right next to him and managed to fish it out. It frightened the life out of me seeing him do that! I'm scared of him doing that again now in case it gets stuck or he chokes :(

What size dummies has he got Hun? You can get 6 month plus ones which are a big bigger, big hugs that must have been scary 😢

I think it was a 6 months dummy. He has lost all his bigger dummies, I have no idea where they vanish to but we will buy him some more bigger ones again! :)

How scary :hugs: my daughter also likes to chew on her dummy but I have gotten her bigger ones and when she has it unless it is night time it is on a dummy chain attached to her

I would imagine a dummy would be too big to get lodged in his throat? Thomas used to jam things in his mouth too, when he was 10 months old he got a drawer knob stuck in his mouth (still attached to the drawer!) and I couldn't get it out!

The holes in dummies are air vents for if a baby gets one in his mouth, they are meant to allow them to still be able to get air in.

Yeah I also don't think there's any way he would be able to actually swallow a pacifier, I know I couldn't and I am obviously much bigger than your babe! My 9 month old has things in her mouth all the time (including fairly large rocks at the park the other day), so long as it's big enough that she couldn't possibly swallow it then I don't worry too much. It's the smaller objects that she could potentially swallow that I am more careful about.

That is a relief! I had visions of not being able to get it back out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->