Baby refusing food

mell242

mummy to stanley james
Reaction score
Hi,
My baby had been eating really well. A variety of purees (all homemade) and some Organix rice yoghurts, oh and even weetabix for breakfast. He now doesn't seem interested in food at all, infact he gets really upset when we try to feed him anything. He has had some banana (I break off half and him it to him, he loves that). He will also take breadsticks. I'm just at a loss. I'm thinking about trying readymade jars as I'm spending so much time preparing food for him in the hope he'll like something.

Has anyone else's little one ever lost interest in food?
I'm also thinking about stopping altogether maybe for a few days to give him a break!

I'm really not pushing him, just offering.
I'm at a loss :-(

Could he be teething??

I know Lewis went off most types of food when he was teething. It didn't make much difference wether it was hot or cold, hard or soft, he just wouldn't eat the food he had previously been eating. :dohh:

I'd still offer your LO his usual food, maybe let him try feeding himself or just give him finger food, but if he's not interested and not hungry then don't worry. As long as he keeps up his milk/water intake he'll be fine.

If it is his teeth he should be back to normal in 3 or 4 days. :hugs: If it's not and he just wants to feed himself, good luck, it's a messy process :rofl:

thanks tinylo, he is teething for sure so maybe that has something to do with it. It's so frustrating when he'll put anything and everything in his mouth except food!!
He does like finger food a lot more so I'm going to stick with that, only offering and not forcing him to have anything.
I thought I would try again maybe next week with lunchtime or breakfasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->