Baby refusing to take bottle, pls help!!

lovecutie1

Reaction score
Hi my baby is 6 months old now, he's having colic so we put him on Aptamil comfort milk. He was all ok till now but since last 4-5 days he's refusing to drink the milk from bottle. I tried to give through spoon but not much luck. He's hungry though but doesn't want to drink from bottle...

Please suggest/advice what to do... I really feel sad as he's hungry but not drinking. Tried to speak to the HV but seems she's on holiday and left message but haven't got a chance to speak any other HV.

Is it the time to introduce solid foods ???

Hi my baby is 6 months old now, he's having colic so we put him on Aptamil comfort milk. He was all ok till now but since last 4-5 days he's refusing to drink the milk from bottle. I tried to give through spoon but not much luck. He's hungry though but doesn't want to drink from bottle...

Please suggest/advice what to do... I really feel sad as he's hungry but not drinking. Tried to speak to the HV but seems she's on holiday and left message but haven't got a chance to speak any other HV.

Is it the time to introduce solid foods ???

sometimes its easier to introduce a cup or a sippy cup than a bottle. Solids should be fine as he is over 6 months old.

Could there be another reason he is refusing a bottle? My DD went through a spell where she was refusing a bottle- she had a cold and when i took her to the doctor she had a bad ear infection, and it was hurting her when she was using the bottle. Not to mention being congested made drinking hard.

Make sure you keep up with his fluids- even water is better than nothing- babies usually have enough chub on them to get through not eating for a couple of days but keeping them hydrated is really important.

If he still isn't eating take him to a gp and get him checked out. Babies generally don't eat for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->