Baby rice at 16/17 weeks?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Emma is getting through 7oz bottles every 3 hours during the day - and sometimes after 1 bottle she isn't satisfied so she'll have another 1/2 of another bottle - so generally 5 1/2 bottles a day.

For the past month or so she's been sleeping 6.30/7ish til 7.30/8ish but for the past couple of days she's been waking at 2am for a full bottle and again at 6am.

I'm thinking of trying her with some baby rice because she can't possibly drink anymore milk - but she doesn't seem satisfied.

She'll be 17 weeks on Monday.

Was thinking of trying her with some before bed and then maybe that will help her sleep through. Do I give her a full sized bottle & the baby rice (just a teaspoon) or does she hae a smaller bottle.

Thanks

From what I have been reading you give the normal milk feed and like a teaspoon of baby rice!

From what I have been reading you give the normal milk feed and like a teaspoon of baby rice!

Thats what I did at first. I would give her it whilst she's at her most alert and calm, sometimes thats not always before bed but every baby is different.

As many people will say on this thread it doesnt help them sleep through, but as she's waking for a full feed it might possibly make her go a bit longer x

probably the big four month growth spurt, dex fed continuously in his.

It's funny you say that because today Emma's not finished any of her bottles so I said to my Mum earlier I wondered if she'd had a growth spurt and now she's easing down again!!!

We had a huge growth spurt at 4/5 months too where she started waking in the night again. It only lasted a week or so and then went back to normal :shrug:

:dohh:

Baby Rice is gross for one. Would you eat it? :lol:

Anyway.. I agree growth spurt. No need for food so early x

ruby is 15 weeks and just finished a HUGE growth spurt. she was feeding constantly, one bottle after the other, and was grumpy as hell.. suddenly nothing fits her anymore, and now shes back to normal again.. id ride it out for a week or so and see what happens before giving the rice.

Thanks girls. Will definitely wait and see what happens. I think it's def as growth spurt because yesterday & today she's not been drinking as much and altho she woke at 2am yesterday, she went back to sleep herself without a bottle or me even getting up (altho I lay in bed listening to her for the 10 mins she was awake thinking I'd have too, lol) then slept in til 8am, so fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->