Baby rolling over on umbilical cord

ZoeyKaspian

Reaction score
Today, my fiance and I had a 26 week appointment. We were listening to our son's heartbeat when it went quiet. The midwife said that he rolled over on the umbilical cord and probably passed out, but that he woke up and then his heartbeat was pretty steady and fast and exactly where it needed to be. Has anyone had anything like this happen? She said it was okay since his heart rate picked up but we are both still a little concerned.

What sort f MW says that to someone!

Baby could have just moved away from he doppler.

No way, baby probably moved away from the Doppler and as the OP said, what sort of midwife says that to someone!

If it makes you feel any better, I've had a few CTGs and you can't hear the bub's heart at all when it moves.

Get a new midwife. That is an insane thing to say.

I have to say my first thought when I read this was the same as what the pp's are saying. I would think its just the baby moving away from the Doppler....

I had this yesterday but its only because baby was moving about. That's an awful thing for your mw to say!

Omg! Wtf! Who says that?! Definitely not the case as I've never heard of such a thing...at most they play with the cord but not roll over it and pass out!

Thanks you guys!!! I think telling my fiance you guys reactions will help him feel better about it too because we were both just wide eyed. We were even more concerned that she said it was normal.

No ones heart stops when they pass out. What a ridiculous and worrying thing to say!

I agree with the other ladies........sounds like baby just moved away from the Doppler. If the baby was on its cord it wouldn't pass out , its heart rate would just slow a little until it moved off it.

If it were me, I would be reporting her to the hospital. She obviously has no idea about her job (which is a very important one) and should be more empathetic with her patients.

That's stupid, as the other ladies said. When my doc was listening to my bub one time he grabbed his cord, or so my doc said. I guess he could hear the difference in the HB, but I couldn't, he said he'd just listen a little longer, but like I said, it sounded the same to me, only way I knew he did it is because my doc said so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->