Baby safe toys for 5/6 year old?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
I am trying to think of somethings that are safe to be around baby but are really for a 5 almost 6 yo.

All he really wants is Lego which will need to stay in his bedroom. However I am wary of him feeling push out, thankfully he hasn't abandoned Duplo completely but I don't want to buy him any more of it.

Are Hexbugs tiny? Any other ideas?

Maybe a furby? I've heard they're gonna be a top toy this year, not cheap though

What about hot wheels sets, remote control cars, a robot toy (Robosapien or zoomer?), dress up costumes, an archery set (the sucker type obviously!), super hero figures, imaginext stuff doesn't have too many fiddly bits I think.

No experience with 6 year olds or boys lol
Playmobil 123 is chunkier or you could get the normal Playmobil but put away the small bits so he has mainly people/animals.
Orchard toys board games/puzzles?
A wooden car garage and wooden cars?
Scooter/roller skates
With my eldest we did the non baby safe toys when her sister had naps, that way she got time with me and got to play something special. So I'd maybe get him some bits he wants like lego/Playdoh

My ds1 is pretty good at learning which toys he can play around his brothers and which ones need to be kept for his bedroom/with an adult so hopefully your lo will be good too. Games that we have though are:
Crocodile dentist (no lose bits)
Spiderman version of kerplunk (no marbles but mini spiderman)
Dominoes
Farm animal lotto/dinosaur lotto
Loads of avengers toys, any little bits would get lost anyway so I just take them away to begin with
Various forms of building blocks but only Lego is done away from ds3

I am getting Magformers for my son which look brilliant, I consider them pretty safe. He is autistic and still bites things so I checked carefully how safe they were with regard to that. He will still need to be supervised but they are very strong.

Smart Max is great as well and really fun, you can get loads of add ons as well including vehicles and tubes to make it in to a sort of marble run but baby safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->