baby salims arrival (long)

doumauk

mama to salim,expecting
Reaction score
Ive finally got chance to sit and write my birth story lol.

I was due on the 24th of august but on monday 18th at 7.40pm my waters broke. I was absolutely petrified. I hadnt felt myself all day, I had the patience the size of a stick and had spent most of the day on the sofa. I started getting back pain about 30 minutes after my waters broke. I tried to call the birthing centre in my town but just got an answer phone so I decided to call the city hospital due to not knowing where I was going to give birth. I was booked in for a consultants appointment there on the wednesday due to blood presssure on previous visits. The midwife on the phone asked me to go straight in. My pains were coming every 15 minutes by this point but just in my back nothing in the front of my bump. I got to the hospital about 9.30 and was hooked up on the tracing machine. My contractions showed as only niggled. She kept me on the machine for 2 hours as baby didnt want to move. At 11.30pm she did an internal which showed I wasnt dilated at all and cervix hadnt thinned. I was then sent home with an appointment for induction at 10am wednesday.I got home at 12.45am and had a bath and 2 paracetamol for the pain which didnt help at all. I then went to bed and was back up at 1.30, I paced and paced around the house trying to breath but pains were coming every 5 minutes. I didnt wake my family up until 5am when I couldnt manage alone any longer, my mum paniced lol because she timed my contractions at every 2 minutes. I called the birthing centre and she said to come in 30 minutes as she was at home in bed lol.

I got to the birthing unit at 6am and she did an internal and I was 5cm dilated and cervix was paper thin, I was happy that the contractions had actually done something. She started running the birthing pool and asked if I wanted gas and air which I didnt take because I was coping alright. I started on gas and air at 8.30am and got in the pool at the same time.

By 10.30 I was getting the urge to push and she wanted to do another internal. I was nearly 9cm dilated. It all went downhill from there. I was still pushing at 3pm! His head was nearly out everytime I pushed but my contractions were not strong enough for the final push to get his head out. I started getting stressed and thinking he was never going to arrive. At 3.50pm they decided to call an ambulance and transfer me to the city hospital.I arrived there at 4.50pm and was rushed straight to a delivery room. 5 midwifes came running and a doctor. They put a drip in to make my contractions stronger and asked me to push. They were all shouting pushhh hes nearly here lol but I just didnt have any energy left. Thats when the doctor said they needed to help me because our babys heartrate was dropping. So they decide on a ventouse delivery oh my god.....She asked me if I would prefer to tear or they cut me, then said no we need to cut you. She gave me a local anestetic then cut me.She then put the ventouse on his head which came off 3 times before it was on right. She then started pulling without a contraction and without me pushing. I remember screaming at her saying she was going to rip me open and she said if you dont shut up I will give you a c section.I will never ever forget that pain of her pulling him out. It really did feel like she was going to pull all my insides out with him.

So Salim was born at 5.44pm weighing a tiny 6lb 15oz and placed straight on my chest. That was the most amazing feeling in the world, touching him and feeling how warm he was and what he smelt like, so amazing. Needless to say, I wont be going through that again for a very long time lol

I asked if I could go home straight away after they had done my stitches and they laughed at me and said NOOO. So they left me with him for 2 hours then they helped me into the bath because I could hardly walk. They took Salim overnight so I could sleep but I was awake every hour. I got him back at 6am and was allowed home at 1pm.

congratulations :)!

congrats hunnie he's so cute and love the name :hugs::hugs: hope you have a quick recovery ouchie

Congrats!! Olivia weighed 6lb 15oz too.

Congratulations!

I like his name. It's uncommon, very different.

Does his name have a meaning?

Mello

My husband is Moroccan and I really wanted an arabic name for our son and we finally decided on Salim. It comes from a word meaning peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->