Baby seems small?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Midwife today, after feeling my stomach, mentioned that baby will be small. She said it like it was a good thing, and yes I am slightly relieved. But should I be worried about malnutrition?

I wouldn't worry if your midwife wasn't worried :).

I think if there was a worry about malnutrition your midwife would have mentioned it, ordered an ultrasound and suggested an induction. There is nothing wrong with being small as long as baby is healthy, some are just smaller than others.

If your midwife was concerned about size then she definitely would have referred you for a growth scan. What a strange thing for her to come out with! I wouldn't worry.

I've been having growth scans due to my bump being very small but baby is perfectly fine for size.

Perhaps she said it because of how you were measuring before? I agree though with pps. If there was a problem with your measurements she would have referred you or would have made you an appointment to be re measured next week. I measured small in the last 7wks so i had weekly appts, but baby kept making the growth up / popped out of being engaged so my measurements were more inline with expectations. At almost 41wks in labour I measured 37wks. He was born 7lb7oz and appears dainty but not malnourished. Some babies are more petite. As long as they keep growing then you're okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->