Baby Shiah Haven's Birth Story! (kind of long)

ShelbyLee

Momma to Little Shiah
Reaction score
I went in for my weekly check-up the day before my induction, it was early in the morning (9:15) I hadn’t eaten anything yet for breakfast and baby hadn't moved.. So my MW ordered a non stress test. The test was ok. But I was still only 1.5 centimeters dilated and only 50 % effaced. She asked me to go home and come back to the hospital at 8:00pm that night! The nurses at the hospital were going to give me medicine to start thinning my cervix and to get things rolling.
What seemed like the longest day of my life finally went by and before I knew it Skylar and I were at the hospital. My nurse was amazing. She answered all of our questions and told me what to expect. I got the medicine, and some sleeping pills and that's all I remember from that night..
The sleeping medicine was called ambian, and I went crazy on it. I told Sky that there was no way it was legal and that they must have given me the wrong medicine, I was upset because all of the markers and crayons were tied up and I even asked him what world we were in. Eventually I fell asleep, and was woken by three nurses at 3:00am rushing in to my room giving me the oxygen mask and turning me on my side. LO didn't like the way my contractions were with the way I was laying and her heart-rate was dropping. They finally got her heart rate back up and we got back to sleep.
I woke up at about 6ish and my nurse checked me.. Still 1.5 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. So they started me on pitocen. After a few hours of that and still nothing happening they turned up the pitocen. They started to turn it up every 20 min for a couple hours but there was still no change. Finally my mw came in and gave me 2 options I could wait it out a couple hours and if nothing had happened by then I would go home. Or she could break my waters and see if anything happens, but that would be more of a risk to have a c-section. OH and I decided for her to break my water, that's when the pain really started. And that's when I asked for pain medicine. They gave me stadol, and it kind of made me feel drunk, it definitely didn't take the pain away but it pretty much made me not care at all.. And I could sleep.. About three hours later my mw checked me I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced, at that point I was in so much pain I was about in shock. They said I was ready for my epidural.. I barley flinched the epidural was probably the best thing ever! I was 100% feeling better! about an hour later she checked me and I was 9cm dialted and they told me if I feel like I have to poop call and they would check me again. So about 15 minutes later I called, she checked me and I was only 9.5 not quite ready.. my mw said it could be an hour or more.. But I had to call about 5 min later and it was time to push.. I pushed for about 15 minutes before I got to hold my baby girl.. I had to have an episiotomy because her umbilical cord was around her shoulder and she couldn't get a good hold of her and she wouldn’t come down any further. 2nd degree, 10 stitches. =(
After all of the excitement we tried to nurse and she did wonderfully. And is still! we had to supplement a little formula before my milk came in because it took a little longer then normal but we are back on track. And doing great. It is a wonderful bonding experience and I would recommend it to everyone.

The love Skylar and I have for her is unexplainable. She is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change anything.. The pain I went through is totally worth it, and was forgotten the minute I saw her little precious face.:cloud9::cloud9:

wow you had alot of drugs!!! i dont understand why they gave you a drug to sleep i guess they do things differently over here ah well i hope you and your LO are fine congrats on having your baby i bet shes beautiful

i went in to get a medicine that worked over night to thin my cervix, and they want me to sleep befor labor starts..

ahhhh right! i must have read it wrong lol im such a fool

I've taken Ambien ONCE.. I was at work (I'm a flight attendant) and when I got to Milwaukee all I could do was sleep in the hotel, I slept for 10 hours and even the next day I felt drowsy. I would never taken Ambien again lol.

Anyway that's besides the point. Congrats on your lil princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"