baby shop wont refund my pram, can I do anything?

I'm a retail manager, granted in Canada not in England, but I can tell you that for the most part it's up to managers discretion.

I'm not being snotty I'm pointing out the reality of why retailers will sometimes go against their usual policy. I am also attempting to help hence why I answered the question in the first place. Your opinion isn't the only valid or correct one.

I never said it was, and if you had been doing that, there's nicer ways to put it. You were rude. Your opinion also isn't the only valid or correct one. Get over yourself. No need to be rude for any reason.

I'm not being snotty I'm pointing out the reality of why retailers will sometimes go against their usual policy. I am also attempting to help hence why I answered the question in the first place. Your opinion isn't the only valid or correct one.

I never said it was, and if you had been doing that, there's nicer ways to put it. You were rude. Your opinion also isn't the only valid or correct one. Get over yourself. No need to be rude for any reason.

I could be wrong, but I don't think mandaxx was referring to your comment, Zfbaby.

Thank you for your replies, I don't really want to ask for store credit as the whole thing has left me with a bitter taste, so I don't really want to shop there again :( Pram is now listed on gumtree xx

She sounds like an independent? Used to own a shop myself so I know she unfortunately doesn't have to offer you a refund if that's her policy and it's not written anywhere eg. On your receipt, in the shop somewhere etc. Most retailers will offer some sort of decent refund and exchange policy in order to demonstrate good customer service but are not required to by law and you as the consumer don't be protected at all, if she's an independent that is...the fact she told you she would swap it etc was probably just sales patter to make the sale. Good luck selling yourself I'm sure you will get a buyer, also on the positive I got a quinny buzz too and love it hopefully that's some consolation for the lost money. You could always buy the newborn insert which is about to be released (about £50) instead of the carrycot, or maybe get carrycot on eBay I've seen for £30 and they all look practically brand new :)

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going round this thread. "At the manager's discretion" seems to be the bulls*** retailers tell you to pull the wool over your eyes and not based on any consumer law.

Here's a link which also refers to second-hand goods:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/consumer-law-sale-of-goods

It's perfectly possible to kick up a fuss without being rude - it's about claiming your rights as a consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->