Baby Shower

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
Do you think it's inappropriate for me to throw my own baby shower? All of my college and universities friends will be coming back for a visit during Easter and I thought that would be a great time to throw a baby shower just to celebrate the baby and socialize with my friends and have some good food. My mom was going to do it for me, but seems to be uninterested now. I'm just worried it may come off as being inappropriate as I've never heard of someone throwing themselves a celebration for their baby.

Hmmm....it might seem a tiny bit inappropriate.
Maybe if you just called it a "friends get together" to celebrate your baby's arrival, and skip the whole gift registry part.
If people wanna bring you something for the baby that is perfectly fine.

I just don't like the whole idea of baby showers, although it is pretty impressive to see how people get almost everything for the baby just given to them.

Yeah, we would be doing it on a no-gift basis. We want and expect nothing from our friends, just want to celebrate with them in a baby-themed setting and have an excuse to bake a lot of sweets :)

I'm still hesitant; even though we don't expect gifts, I don't want anyone to think it's wrong we're throwing this for ourselves.

I think as long as you let your friends know, you don´t expect anything from them, I would go ahead and organise it yourself. Instead of calling it a "Baby Shower", just refer to it as a little gathering/excuse for a get together to celebrate your baby and see all your friends and have a good time. Once the baby is here, organising meet ups like that probably won´t be as easy, so make the most of it while you can.

If they feel the need to bring you something now, instead of after the birth, then thats up to them.

I wanted to do the same... But in here people aren't really into baby showers anyway so even if someone else would organize a proper one, people would just buy little somethings for baby (clothes, blankets) not the big deal like furniture and bouncer, push chair etc.

Maybe just do a get together with friends. Or do one after baby gets here? Like invite everyone to see LO and they can bring gifts.

I dont think its inappropriate for you to do it I think if you want one and no1 else will throw u 1 then go for it just dont make a big deal about pressies lol x

I wouldn't have thought it inappropriate. I've told my mom I want to be kept informed about mine because I don't want a surprise... and I sure as hell don't want giant dummies and nappies involved. Yes I have relatives and friends who would find that funny. *thinks back to bridal shower and shudders*

I told her I want it to be relaxed. Like a garden tea type thing. I'll keep telling her that too. But she's said she'll keep me informed and she wont allow any embarassment and they'll have it at my house so I wont have to cart myself around everywhere.

i think its fine but people dont really tend to have them over here, so im not really that sure!

no, we don't really have them. How about you ask one of the friends you were going to invite what they think? I have no idea about baby shower etiquette. But a get together with your pals is a must. A brill idea :D

i think its fine, call it a get together before you have the baby and a reason to celebrate, i wouldnt mention presents if people want to bring they can and if you find them asking you if you have registered somewhere or if there is anything u want you can always go and register a few things, or just say what u would like. honestly doesnt sound cheeky to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->