baby showers?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi im from the uk and was wondering what a baby shower consist of.
has anyone from the uk had a baby shower?
is it just an american thing?
what is a baby shower and what hapens.

sorry if it seem abit dumb.

basically i wanted to know everyting about baby showers.
thanks in advance.

I don't think baby showers are traditional in the UK, but that doesn't mean you can't have one!!! They usually consist of your family and friends (women mostly unless you do a co shower). I don't know if you have anything like a registry there, but in the states they register for gifts, than people will know what to get. Usually there is food, punch and games played. All in all a lot of fun. You could always try googling it, I'm sure there's tons of information out there. Or if you like you can PM me and I can give you more details about the baby showers I've been too!

hi vickie.
yes please could you PM me. thanks x x

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/17420-why-dont-we-have-baby-showers-uk.html

Here's a recent thread talking about baby showers. :)

Lots of fun information there.

Hello there

I throw a Baby Shower for my Sister in Law in November
Its was loads of fun and a good giggle.
Basically it isnt traditional in the UK however many people are giving them ago.

Basically there are LOADS of sites on the net about Showers, i bought loads from a site i.e
Cup's, plates, ballons, banner's and the like.

also we played games and that was a good giggle, we also inc a Ann Summers party with it so was a good combo.
I did invites and asked if people could contribute 10.00 to a collection, my sister in law got @200.00 worth of Mothercare vouchers

hope that helps
c

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"