Baby signing

pinkclaire

Mummy to two under 2
Reaction score
Anyone else doing this? James has just started doing his first sign (quite predictably it was more the greedy ....) and I'm so proud!

It's shut the critics up (namely my mum and my hubby :haha:)

I'm so glad I've been perservering! Anyone else having success? Xx

we go to tiny talk! we both love it
no sign of any signs yet but im sure he will soon

weve been trying for months to get him to wave, trying to teach him to clap but no chance!
he understands some signs though, he gets REALLY excited if i do more, and he knows milk and gets frustrated with all gone

I've been wanting to do this, but like everything else in the world, apparently I'm the only mum who doesn't drive!

I'm hoping to learn this at home though. Is it just a case of making the sign before and after the action? Like before changing making the dirty sign and the clean sign after?

Im hoping to go to sing and sign when Avalon is 6 months as they say its best to start then. Her names already on the waiting list :)

I tale my lo to tiny talk the 3rd week now been doing signing b4 we went to and today he signed food so happy. I think its a really good idea has taken him a while to pick it up, i just wonders around the room whille at tiny talk!!

I was given a book at my baby shower and started using it about a month ago. Just a few of the basic signs for now. I had always planned to sign, so was happy when I got the book. I expect it will come in handy once he finally starts being able to sign back.

We started going to Tiny Talk when my LO was 3 months old :D She very quickly understood the "milk" sign (to the point where if someone demonstrated it at class and she saw it, she expected a bottle!).

Her first signs were "milk" and (randomly) "cat"! We think it's because we have 4 cats, so we used that sign a LOT :rofl:

She seems to understand most of the signs we use at the moment. She signs back a bit, but at the moment mostly everything is "milk" :dohh: Although tonight she asked for a drink of water with the proper "drink" sign - cue the proud Mummy moment :cloud9:

Aww! I am super excited for when Evelyn can do this - I've started signing some thing, so she can see and perhaps get used to the sign for when she has more control over her hands...stuff like 'Mama' 'Dada' 'I love you' 'Eat' etc...

I really need to get some flash cards or something so WE can learn and start getting into the habit of using them. I'm sure E got half way with 'I love you' in the bath when DH and I were both doing it!! :lol:

I am going to start asap!
My mom works with kids who cant speak, she signs all day!
She is teaching me and when Lyrik is a bit older I am going to start to sign:)

It is brilliant! I started the basic signs with James before we started doing sing and sign, but he loves going as well! Just use one sign per sentence to start with, things like milk, more, food, all gone are quite easy to learn xx

I know at my library there is a baby first signs book, or look online? xx

:haha: I think james has learnt it from me doing it at home tbh.

Also my local surestart centre does a free class, I do that and the sing and sign which is great xx

We've done a bit of baby signing too but I'm pretty bad at being consistent (I was good until our classes ended!). Despite my inconsistencies, Emma's first sign was "bird" when we were at the beach in the summer. She's starting to talk and it seems like that's been our focus lately but we really should get back to signing more often

I am starting it at my local centre next week. It is only £1 per session. I can't wait!

I love signing. I will miss it when I go back to work :cry:

Kai's first sign was milk. No shock there as he is a big baby and loves his food :haha: he has signed nappy change once or twice too. It's amazing when they do it isn't it!

Kai's first sign was milk. No shock there as he is a big baby and loves his food :haha: he has signed nappy change once or twice too. It's amazing when they do it isn't it!

Wow - that sounds amazing. I can't wait to start it with Max

Wow - that sounds amazing. I can't wait to start it with Max

Persevere with signing at home. My family looked at me like I was a loon signing all the time but now he signs for milk they think it's fantastic! It can take a good few weeks but a sign will come out of the blue and can be very subtle at first. Good luck and enjoy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->