baby signing

bambino

Reaction score
has anyone tried it? I went to a session at my surestart centre and it was great. Lots of singing and signing - harry and i loved it. I can see the value in it for them to communicate using signs before they can talk.

sign as in makaton sign? if so that sounds like such a fab idea.

that would be something i would love to teach Annabelle as i am qualified to do makaton

Lou
xxx

I thought it said singing... lol... I though there is no way anyone needs to hear me sing publically...

But signing sounds cool!

we do it with both the kids, been doing it for over a year and a half, rhys signs EVERYTHING!!!

we do it with both the kids, been doing it for over a year and a half, rhys signs EVERYTHING!!!

cool, i think it is such a good idea. Glad to know people have had success with it .

I thought it said singing... lol... I though there is no way anyone needs to hear me sing publically...

But signing sounds cool!

:rofl:
it was a bit of both really, but signs for when baby wants milk or more etc
was cool

I do it with Hayden, he mostly signs more but he does a few others too...milk, thank you, eat, all done and we are working on drink

I'd love to do it but I'm not confident enough to teach him myself and in our area the only classes are SO expensive.

There are some great sites online that give you the basic signs...we aren't trying to make him fluent, just be able to communicate. We do food/drink ones, more, and some other basic ones. My older 2 can do those plus some others and the letters of the alphabet. Here is a good site though

https://www.babies-and-sign-language.com/

My son is 14 mos, but was born at 24 weeks gestation. I'm doing baby sign with him, just to give him some form of communication because he has very little language. I think its going to be a great avenue for him. Baby is fantastic, I'm really enjoying teaching him.

I'd love to do it but I'm not confident enough to teach him myself and in our area the only classes are SO expensive.

HUnny you don't need to pay have a class. I'm sure there are lots of videos on the internet that you could learn off of.
I have the baby einstein video for learning the basics of baby sign language. Its very easy and fantastic. Could give that a shot ;)

My mum took my sister to this at Sure Start when she was little and she signed loads of things. It's fascinating how they pick it up and understand it. The Sure start near me doesn't do it anymore, so I can't take Lexie, :( I do know a few signs from when we did them to my sister, but i'd have loved to go to the class.

Baby massage is a good class too.

Something Special is a great programme to watch on tv for makaton signing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"