General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs we’re the first in our friend group to get married. One other couple remains, but the guy is the type to drag his feet, so I doubt he proposes any time soon even though they’ve lived together for a few years now. The other two of DH’s friends are single, one just recently out of a 5 year relationship, and does not want kids at all whatsoever (even though we all agree he’d be a fantastic dad, but his dad left him at a young age and moved to Texas with his new wife and had new kids, so he’s got trauma).

I thought every state had FMLA but I could totally be wrong and do not feel like googling it hahaha

Yeah unless my sister marries a girl who wants to take her last name, my maiden name dies with my dad. He was an only child. It was honestly really hard to give up my name, I mean it’s literally your name, it’s hard to just change it when you’ve been using it for your entire life. It’s like changing a major piece of your identity. But I did it, for multiple reasons, including that I want to have the same last name as my kids, and that it was super important to DH.

Autumnal I’m glad I’m not the only one who got married at what people now consider a young age! Makes no sense to me why it’s controversial to get married in your early to mid 20s, but apparently it is.

AFM, DH got this email this evening!
Resized_Screenshot_20241014_184614_Gmail.jpeg
It sounds really promising so we are hoping their wording isn’t giving us false hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->