baby sleep training

suzan

Reaction score
I am going to do thisssssss for few days until my baby stop waking up for a feed.

I was told to give him his paci everytime he wakes up or water. He will cry a lot, but just keep giving him this until he falls asleep again.

Last bath should be at 6pm, then give him a massage, then feed him and he should be in his bed at 7:30pm. After letting him get used not to wake up at night, he should sleep until 5-6am!

Has anyone been told about this??????????

A 2 month old??? No, I wouldn't even try it way way to young. Most babies (not all there are a lucky few that get babies who sleep through early on) need those night feeds. And please don't give your LO water, his kidneys are not mature enough to handle the water and it could cause serious harm

A 2 month old??? No, I wouldn't even try it way way to young. Most babies (not all there are a lucky few that get babies who sleep through early on) need those night feeds. And please don't give your LO water, his kidneys are not mature enough to handle the water and it could cause serious harm

Harm to his kidneys? A doctor is saying this to my friend who did it to both her kids.. This is something I didnt expect..

Thanks Vickie.. I am asking this question tomorrow.. Anyway, she meant a drop of water.. not a whole ounce or something like that.. I give Anise to my son sometimes, which helps with gas issues.. its like gripe-water? I think.. its water boiled with herbs.. so its the same as water!

That's what my pediatrician told me, no water whatsoever. Your LO is still very very young and I don't think you can expect him to sleep through yet. You can try the paci but if it doesn't settle him than he probably is truly hungry and should be fed.

Just a thought but have you tried dream feeding him before you go to bed so that maybe he'll sleep a bit longer?

Our doctor told us water was safe and Jasmine could have as much as she wanted at 2 months....

However, I wouldn't be too strict with the night training... To start I would give a dream feed at 10... and then in the night offer the dummy first, if they continue crying then they do need the feed and you should give it to him. I offered the dummy in the night only at feeds where she started only drinking an oz or two.

when you feed your baby while they are sleeping.... so they dont wake and fuss to be hungry.

Put LO to bed, at 7-8 whenever you want him to get used to going to bed. Than before you go to bed feed him (don't change the diaper) and try to keep him asleep (or very groggy). After he's eaten what he wants put him back to bed

This worked well for us early on and Hannah would sleep from 10 or so until 3 or 4 in the morning before getting up for a feed (well until the teething started but that's a whole other ball game ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->