Baby sleeping all night at almost 4 weeks old?!

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
So I let DS wake for feeds himself as hes more than capable of waking when hungry, and goes every 4 hours exactly during the day and takes just under 6oz each feed.

Last night he slept from 11pm - 5am! He seems to young to be sleeping all night but he did!, that's a full night for me as im awake at 5am usually anyway. Hes gaining weight perfectly and is awake for good periods during the day, he also smiled a first real smile last night which wasnt wind!

Hes happy and content and thriving, so I know hes not starving.

My second DS was sleeping through from early on too he was 5/6 weeks but he was taking the same amount of milk and was sleeping roughly from 11pm-7am.

Do I have another good sleeper on my hands? I hope so :haha:

Anyone elses baby sleeping long stretches at night at a young age?

My daughter was the same! She then slept fully through the night from 5 weeks old, still loves her sleep now too!

Same here. He was 6hours at least at that age and then by 8 weeks he was doing stretches of 10-14hours.

Enjoy it mama hahah

I'm so glad my second DS wasnt just a one off and that it really is nothing to worry about! It worries me when I wake up during the night and hes gone over 4 hours! I check his breathing and all sorts! But he was in dream world! :haha:

The health visitors always say to make sure I wake him after 4 hours, but why would I do that? If I did wake him for his feed guaranteed he would not drink enough and it would throw us both off the feeding routine!

Never wake a sleeping baby as they say :)

DS has always been a good sleeper from very early on. I don’t need know if it’s because he’s a boy or born bigger than my girls (they both slept well too but not as good as DS) . He goes from 7am until around 5/6am now he’s 5 1/2 months old .

I agree don’t wake him for his feeds unless he’s unwell . He’s obviously happy and content ! He sounds like my DS if I wake him for a feed there’s no chance he will drink it and will just be annoyed !

Well I spoke to soon on the feeding part, Hes been so fussy! Falling asleep on his bottles again taking just 2/3oz and then sleeping 4 hours! I dont know what's going on, he point blank refuses to drink his usual 6oz, I'm hoping hes okay! Hes happy and content in himself, but he just isn't drinking enough milk at the moment

AHh no ooor bubs! Could he be coming down with something ? There’s so much going around at the min .

Hes had a few good nights in between, but tonight was horrendous, I've not been to bed yet! Hes had about 2oz since 11.30 then finally drank another 3oz at around 4.30, he has screamed the place down every time the bottle went near his mouth! He has been diagnosed with reflux and after tonight I'm guessing colic is back too! I could cry right now, hes been so upset all night :(

Oh no sorry to hear he’s not settled. I think lily has colic too. It’s awful as you feel helpless. She seems so uncomfortable in her tummy, grunting, straining, kicking legs, screaming, farting! It seems to happen for her in the afternoon/evenings and she’s fine all morning.

I read that probiotics for babies can help with colic so I might try that.. let me know if you find any other solutions

What probiotocs to take hun? I'm also going to cave in today and try comfort formula, that along with the ranitidine I'm hoping with put both issues at ease, however I know with comfort milk it's not a miracle milk and doesnt improve overnight.. sadly!

Oh gosh the poor little fella ! You are both having a rough time! Have you got anything to give him for colic , reflux and colic nightmare !

My DS has had a few unsettled nights , probably his teeth as I can see a lump in his gum .

I hope your DS settles for you tonight x

Yes hun hes taking infacol for the colic and ranitidine for the reflux, I've also switched him to Aptamil comfort as he is quite constipated on and off with causes even more pain! A much better day and night after switching milks and hes starting to drink more and more each time now, hopefully he will get back to himself soon! Hes quite unsettled this morning hense why I'm awake, but we've got up anyway :haha:

I went out last night to asda in desperation as lily was unsettled from 12pm until 11pm. She’s constipated too but ebf is not sure why. She poo’s once every 4-5 days. She’s also so full of cold.

anyhow I bought coleif so hoping that helps her gripey pains but we’ll see. Let me know how the comfort milk goes.. I think it’s meant to help isn’t it but like you say it might not work instantly.

Just to add, im absolutely shattered. Feel like I’m failing my two eldest a bit and it’s getting me down. She needs carrying and soothing constantly. I just feel fed up.

Its helped me come to terms with never having another baby though as I’m not enjoying this newborn stage at all. I can’t wait until she can talk so I can help her when she’s upset more. Sorry for moaning.

Your not failing! Just thing of it as a short term minor inconvenience that doesnt last forever! I'm sure your doing great though!

Enzo is much better on this milk, still has the odd throw up, but it's not every single feed, and the pains seem to be under control from the ranitidine and because the comfort milk is gentle on the tummy, hes pooping much more which I think being clogged didnt help his situation either! We have a nappy explosion last night and I was so glad, you could just see the look of relief on his face afterwards :rofl:

How old are you older to hun? My eldest is almost 8 and if I need a break I give the baby to her so she can hold and keep entertained, shes young but shes more than capable, shes absolutely amazing with the baby and I can plod on! Enzo isn't needy at all and hes just as happy chilling in his swing or on a blanket on the floor, but he does get upset if theres no one around or cant hear anyones voice (which is rare in my mad house) so I guess that's why he just likes company, but dont we all?

Somethings working atleast, hes a happy boy now! :haha:

IMG_20191213_114902_671.jpg

Deffo not failing your others ! You’re doing a great job ! Things will get easier for both you ladies just gotta ride that storm ! Jeesh it is hard though !

I’m glad he settled on the milk he’s such a little cutie ! My DS is happy to chill but like your Enzo likes to know people are around , they must feel scared otherwise I guess !

He is Bev hes such a chunk! Hes 10lb 6oz now I cant believe the size on him, 4 weeks old and wearing 3 month clothing hahaha!

Yes hun he will sit there quite content but as soon as the room goes a bit silent he starts crying, I do leave the TV on for him if I do need to leave the room just so it sounds like the room has people in it, but it doesn't always work, I think he knows all our voices already! It is hard to get stuff done with my partner in work and the kids in school as I cant sit around with him all day as much as I'd like to, the washing doesnt do itself:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->