Baby Sleeping Bags - Your Opinions Please :)

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Well when I was pregnant my mum bought me a couple of really nice baby sleeping bags.

Since Maya was born i've been swaddling her when she goes to bed but she's now breaking out of her swaddling so it isn't safe for her

I put her to bed tonight & just tucked her blanket over her & tightly down the sides of her moses basket. I'm now thinking of using her sleeping bag but want to know how other mums have found them. Did your LO sleep happily with one or did they not like the feeling of not having a blanket snug around them??

Thanks

xxx

I used to do what you did with the blanket tucked under the matress of the basket but she kicks the blanket off her feet. In her sleeping bag she can kick her lags about freely and not get cold or get her head covered. She seems quite comfy in it.

Ive been using sleeping bags for a few weeks now. Keeps her warm even when she's wriggled about. I put her sleeping bag on and a couple of thin cellular blankets and tuck her in at the bottom of her cot. This is just right for her and she sleeps all night.

xxx

I used to do what you did with the blanket tucked under the matress of the basket but she kicks the blanket off her feet. In her sleeping bag she can kick her lags about freely and not get cold or get her head covered. She seems quite comfy in it.

Yeh, I reckon Maya will end up kicking the blanket off her feet aswell. To be honest she never wakes when she gets loose out of her blankets though.

When you put your LO to bed do you give her the bottle while she's in her bag or do you put it on after when she's asleep/half asleep?

Sam's been in sleeping bags since he was a few weeks old (when he started kicking his blankets off) and they're brilliant! And I know I don't need to worry about him getting cold when he can't get out of it :D x

I have used sleeping bags with both mine and they are great, especially in my house because it gets cold at night, Kieran was in his til nearly 2years old, brilliant invention x

Hannah has been using grobag since she also started working her way out of being swaddled a while ago. She has always seemed happy to sleep in it. If she is sleepy we put her in it before her last feed but usually she is put in it after.

Yeh, I reckon Maya will end up kicking the blanket off her feet aswell. To be honest she never wakes when she gets loose out of her blankets though.

When you put your LO to bed do you give her the bottle while she's in her bag or do you put it on after when she's asleep/half asleep?

I usually put her in her bag before her bottle. Just so to not disturb her when she is done, can just put her straight into bed that way

I get her in her sleepsuit after bath and give her half her bottle then she goes into bag and finishes her feed, she doeses off nicely. If she wakes in the night for a feed I unzip it and take her feet out then zip it up again when she goes back to bed

Kyle went into a sleeping bag after swaddling as well, hes recently taken to holding his blanky to though, but its reasurring knowing they wont be too cold or too warm and wont slip under the cover x

I used to do what you did with the blanket tucked under the matress of the basket but she kicks the blanket off her
feet. In her sleeping bag she can kick her lags about freely and not get cold or get her head covered. She seems quite comfy in it.

I get her in her sleepsuit after bath and give her half her bottle then she goes into bag and finishes her feed, she doeses off nicely. If she wakes in the night for a feed I unzip it and take her feet out then zip it up again when she goes back to bed

:rofl: took me a while to work out why you would only take her feet out :dohh:

I assumed she meant to change her bum, took me a while though

exactly and also when feeding she cools down so feels snug again when she goes back to sleep

I've used sleeping bags for all of mine....the different togs are great for different weathers etc, they can't snuggle down into them, they can be put on baby before feeding and therefore just lay them straight into cot, just unzip the bottom to change bottoms, stops them climbing out of the cot (for a while anyway), they can't kick the covers off and get chilly in the night.

I really wasn't sure they'd be warm enough when I 1st used them as they feel quite thin...eve the higher tog ones but my kids have slept through from 6wks, 12wks and about 8wks for my last one....I hope this one follows suit:rofl:

Ally uses his for day time naps but for some reason won't settle in one at night. As it gets colder I'm going to have to start using it at night though - he'll just have to get used to it! At the moment, I wrap him up just under his arms in a cellular blanket (so around his body) then he has his feed, goes to sleep, and I put him into his cot. I think he likes the security of having it around him (even though he's never liked being swaddled around his arms) and a grobag doesn't provide that.

I dont know but i would like to start putting ella in sleeping bags as she always kicks her blankets off :dohh:

I have been using one for Amelia for the last few weeks, it is a brilliant invention because she would always kick her blankets off. I still put some blankets over her tucked quite firmly into the side of the crib so she feels snug.

ive just starteds to use on because it is getting colder at night and i find it easier to get her tempreture right in them so she isnt to hot or cold. they are brill and i used one with emma too. i put her in hers before her last bottle so i dont desturb her after her bottle and also so she knows when it is time for bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->