Baby Sleeping Bags - Your Opinions Please :)

Jack has also started to kick his swaddling sheets off and so I used his sleeping bag and it seems to be doing well at limiting his movements at night time however he now lifts both feet up and bangs them down...!?
It is much easier to use the sleeping bag as he doesn't pull the sheets off and over his face (finds it comforting for things near his head) and he doesn't scream when I re-wrap him in the middle of the night. I just brought - (couldn't resist)
https://media.laredoute.fr/UK/Verbaudet/Product/picture/p_5717584.JPG

I was given a sleeping bag to use in the hospital, so Sam has been in one at night from day one. He hated being swaddled in a blanket and kicks around so much I was always concerned he´d get the blanket over his head, so I´ve carried on using a sleeping bag at home as well - I think they are great.

What clothing are you putting your LO's in when you're using a sleeping bag?

What clothing are you putting your LO's in when you're using a sleeping bag?

Depends on the weather....usually a vest and babygro/pj's.

In high summer when it was really warm (can barely remember this now:rofl:) just a vest or even just a nappy.

In winter when it's really cold in the night and my little ones were still tiny I would sometimes put a thin cardigan over sleepsuit/babygro just to keep arms warm and scratch mitts on to keep hands warmer (socks work better than scratchmitts though as they don't fall off as easily;))

We've always used sheets and blankets. I'm not keen on sleeping bags TBH. I've had a few friends who've had problems with their LOs waking in the night and when they've swapped to sheets and blankets that's knocked it on the head.

I've never had any problems with them disappearing underneath but they kick them off when they're warm. They're in quite a warm room and I'm sure if they were cold they'd let us know. They've both slept through from 10 weeks and I've rarely had a problem with night time.

A friend of mine has just given me some fleecy PJs for cold nights. Her twins were in sleeping bags and she had a job getting them out of them when she couldn't get them big enough.

Ok Maya officially hates sleeping bags!!!

Back to sheets for us :)

Katrina has 3. She is starting to kick the blankets away, but in the morning she is very cold so now i put her in them as she seems to be very cousy and warm.

Ive used one when looking after someones baby before and they fought like mad not to sleep in it lol

Jack has also started to kick his swaddling sheets off and so I used his sleeping bag and it seems to be doing well at limiting his movements at night time however he now lifts both feet up and bangs them down...!?
It is much easier to use the sleeping bag as he doesn't pull the sheets off and over his face (finds it comforting for things near his head) and he doesn't scream when I re-wrap him in the middle of the night. I just brought - (couldn't resist)
https://media.laredoute.fr/UK/Verbaudet/Product/picture/p_5717584.JPG

That is so sweet!

ive had one for ages and decided to put charlie in it last night and it was alot better i was fed up of getting up all the time and tucking his blankets back round him he allways would kick them right off and it gets a bit chilly early hours of the morning and he just had his vest and cotton baby grow on but in the winter i will put him in something a bit warmer like fleecey pjs aswell xxx

Sleeping bags are the best invention ever !!!! I have had Dec in one since he was about 6-7 weeks, it is a god send, Dec wont sleep now unless he is in his grobag!!!!

i hope to get using them soon - i've seen one with arms in it too which makes sense for winter.

Ive used Sleeping bags with Olivia since she was about 2 weeks old and I think theyre fab. Not only that... I know she cant get her legs stuck out her cot and if she goes to bed with blankets... she always wriggles out of them and ebds up laying on top of them

x

I started using mine two days ago. It's so much better than blankets. He can kick to his hearts content and he's always toasty warm.

i hope to get using them soon - i've seen one with arms in it too which makes sense for winter.

Where did you see the one with arms - that would be good as Katie's arms and hands get cold so i put a cardgan on her at night

Vertbaudet have sleeping bags with arms, quite reasonable as well

https://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/maternity-childrens/Sleeping-Bags.aspx?CategoryId=2816&&Path=2816/3064&&ChmCatId=3064

Thanks YoungLutonMum for posting this thread !!!!!

I had heard much about sleeping bags and didn't think they would be good until I read this thread and all the people on here who were raving about them.

My boy has been waking between 1 and 4 times every night because he has kicked his blankets off and is cold. I just pop his dummy back in, put his blankets back on and he goes straight to sleep. Even though it takes less than a minute, its still extremely disruptive to my sleep.

I bought a sleeping bag on Thursday and so far I've had two perfect nights where he has slept from 10pm to 6:30am, woo hoo. I'm feeling so much better after two really good night sleeps. What makes it even better is that we stopped giving him his colic mixture at night (was quite a strong one) and even without that he slept through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->