baby sling/wrap

starsunshine

Reaction score
hi. I'm wanting one of these but am wondering if i can get away with making my own? I looked on line and the moby one is 5.5metres long so if i get some jersey cotton can i make my own? Anyone else done this and how easy was it?

You can definitely make your own :thumbup: I made a woven wrap but I think I remember princessellie made a Moby-style stretchy wrap. Definitely super easy to make if you have a serger. We have a Moby and it's a pretty heavy weight jersey- I think I might have had a hard time finding some jersey fabric as heavy as the Moby but you can get away with something a bit lighter weight too.

thanks for your advice. I was planning on getting some jersey cotton (if that's the right thing) then hemming the edges by hand-we don't have a sewing machine at the mo.

yep, cotton jersey is the right stuff :) Wow- you are ambitious to be hemming it all by hand! Good luck :flower:

Yeah I probably am at little bit crazy!!! But I also have 5 weeks off (teacher) and can't go away so am looking to do something useful with my time. We're going to a fabric shop tom (sat) to look for some fabric I can use. Hopefully will be able to get enough to make 2 & be cheaper than buying just one ready made. Well that's the idea anyway . . .

You won't get away with standard cotton jersey as there will be too much stretch in it. You will need something pretty stable like a double-knit, or a wool jersey or possibly a sweatshirt type fabric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->