Baby slowed down at 28w?

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Did anyone have a period around 28w when baby seemed to slow down a bit?

LO has been a bit less active for about 4 days now and it's making me anxious. I'm still getting kicks but lighter and less frequently.

I went to maternity assessment Thursday night and they put me on a monitor for a while and were happy with baby's heartbeat etc.

It's just I've never gone this long with such light kicks/infrequent movement and I'm looking for a bit of reassurance/experience xx

What do you mean by light kicks, are they more internal than making your tummy move cause she may have just flipped around? or can you see the kicks but they are less obvious. maybe give maternity assessment a call and just explain that you are concerned as its now day 4.

I've experienced the same this week so from around 28+3 I had maybe 4 days or so with noticeably less kicks and I was getting a little concerned. The kicks were lighter, less frequent and there seemed to be more squirming. I've had a cold for the past 2 days so I've been less active and bubs was having an action-packed day again yesterday and this morning so I was happy to feel the stronger kicks again.
I think the baby moved positions over this past week and seemed to be squirming around further down so don't know if that affected the kicks xx

Thanks for replying ladies.

Ive been away in Poland at a friend's wedding and its been quite exhausting, plus the hot weather has done me in a bit.

The kicks feel more like they're inwards/downwards towards my bum if you know what I mean? My belly doesn't really move when baby kicks like it used to, so maybe you're right about the flipping round Jessy. I did go a day where all I could feel was squirming so maybe LO is facing in rather than out now.

Went back to bed for an hour and when I woke up, baby was jiggling about a bit more so feel a bit better. If I'm still worried in a few hours I'll phones maternity assessment again. Feel like a nuisance though.

It's just all so new to me and I'm so anxious something is going to go wrong xx

I felt reduced movement from around week 28 to 29, not so much that it was concerning me, I still felt enough.. but they weren't half as strong or frequent..
then since 30 weeks hes been having a party in there and now moves more often and stronger than ever! x

I am the same hun, any new feeling/ache and it sends me into a frenzy. yeah i get quite a few ass kickings from monkey too!

Good to know I'm not alone, thanks girls. Need to try and relax xx

I have 2-3 days every few weeks when baby becomes less active. I do have an anterior placenta so that has something to do with it I guess but it is a worry regardless. Hope baby has picked up again x

I have an anterior placenta too. Maybe that's got something to do with it too xx

Safe to say baby is making up for it right now - my whole body feels like its moving with the kicks!

Never been happier to be beaten up! Xx

My baby has always been quiet! I feel barely anything ever haha! With my dd, all I ever felt were constant kicks/rolls etc. This time, I also have an anterior placenta and only the last week maybe have I started feeling alot id f big movements!

It's defo affected by baby's position and where the placenta is (and my fat tummy lol!)

I was just getting freaked out cos I'd felt loads of movement then it was really feint and infrequent. I've had a day or two here and there but never 4 days.

Anyway, there have been some big kicks today so feeling less neurotic haha!

Roll on end of August - at least then I'll be able to see if he/she is moving etc! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->