Baby Summer, Born 25/5...Very Quick Delivery

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
Thought I'd write out a birth story just to keep it all fresh in my own mind, and hopefully to show a positive experience :) Well on Tuesday morning I woke up to my show at around 7.15 am and niggling contractions started around 10am, roughly 7 minutes apart. Still wasn't convinced anything would come of it as I had had a few random bouts of contractions in the previous 10 days. By 3pm they were down to about 4 minutes a part and I was beginning to get uncomfortble so we decided to head to the hospital around 5.45. Was quickly assessed and was found to be 4cm dialated already. The Midwife was lovely but told me not to expect to fully dilate until around midnight, plus however long pushing, she said not to expect my girl until roughly 2am. Verrrry Wrong.

Made my way to the labour ward and settled into the room but the contractions were getting worse, the pain was all in my back and I was informed that it was because Summer was slightly back to back so needed to turn. The midwife was in and out the room, not really doing much as she was convinced we had ages to wait. At around 7pm I started puffing on the gas and air as my contractions were getting pretty intense. First Puff made me violently sick.After that it was my best friend :) Whilst cleaning up in the toilet I went for a pee and there was an almighty splash, when I looked in the loo in was all blood. I Asked if it was possible my waters had come away also but the midwife said no...

By 8pm the contractions were running on top of one another and I was trickling my waters down my leg. All of a sudden the contractions stopped and were replaced with urges to push... Can't explain it other than I felt like I needed to take a massive dump. The urges were every minute and I was beng over the back of the bed. I kept saying to the midwife ''I feel like I need to push'' over and over and she was saying ''There's no point, you'll just waste your energy for later... Just puff on the Gas and Air till it goes away''.

Managed to control them until about 8.40 pm when the midwife left the room, saying she'd be back shortly. I decided to lie across the bean bags on my side, legs spread at right angles. My mum and OH were watching me from the other side of the room. Nobody was taking me seriously that I REALLLY had to push. Whilst the midwife was away I decided to have a feel for myself because I was so convinced I could feel my pants bulging.Well the baby was definitely there. My OH ran to tell the midwife that we could see the head and she came running in to have a look. Her jaw just about hit the floor and she said I had to push on my next urge... Three lots of pushes later and Summer popped out, weighing 8lbs 2 oz.

I had two tiny tears, one up either end of me so I had to have a catherter put in for twelve hours and be stitched.To me the stitching was much much worse than labour. We got home on Wednesday night. Our little girl is perfectly healthy, passed top on all her tests and is sleeping and feeding like a dream. For me, labour was nowhere near as bad as I expected and I think afterwards I was really in too much shock to care about where I'd torn. I couldn't belive it was all over so quickly. Her head crowned without me even really feeling anything and pushing felt absolutely amazing. :)

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/012.jpg

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/014.jpg

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/029.jpg

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/031.jpg

Shes beautiful, well done and congrats!!!

Lucky you getting such a quick stress free labour xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats. Your daugter is beautiful! And what a lovely name too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->