Baby Taylor's wonderful arrival

TattiesMum

Reaction score
Hi :)

I've not been around for a bit, but had to pop on to let you all know that Tattie's 2nd baby ... a beautiful little girl who has been named Taylor arrived on 21st October weighing in at 7lb7oz :cloud9:

This time around could not have been more different to Kaylum's arrival in the same hospital 19 months ago.... in the meantime they have built and opened a fantastic new Midwifery Led Birthing Unit complete with ensuite rooms and a birthing pool.

Tattie laboured at home through the night, until her waters broke at 6.15am ... when we made our way to the hospital, arriving at about 7am.

By about 8am she was 6cms dilated and climbing into the huge birthing pool (I want one!) where she immediately relaxed and took charge of her own labour. I could see the change in her as soon as she got in - absolutely incredible! By 9.15 she was ready to push, with the midwife gently encouraging her to do what her body directed her to do but not touching her at all. 9 minutes and 3 pushes later, with myself and Tattie's partner supporting her under her arms, baby Taylor glided free into the water and was gently scooped up into her Mummy's arms.

Calm, natural and the most beautiful thing I have ever seen (and I've had 3 of my own, including 2 home births and witnessed 3 other births). No tears, no stitches, a blissfully fulfilled Mummy and Daddy and one VERY calm and contented baby :cloud9:

For those who know me and Tattie of old, you will be pleased to know that Kaylum just adores his sister. Despite only being a week off 19 months, he seemed to immediately grasp that this was his sister who had been in Mummy's tummy (he had a quick check up Tattie's top just to make sure the 'bump' had gone LOL)... and he has been incredible! No tantrums, no jealousy, no changes in his behaviour at all in fact ... obviously he isn't left alone with her, but he loves to help wind her (though he is far too gentle to be doing any good lol), kisses her at ever opportunity and burbles about 'Sister' constantly :cloud9:

What a wonderful sounding birth! congratulations : )

What a lovely birth story :flower: Would love to see some pics xx

Congratulations! That sounds amazing.

Was it the Bedford Hospital Midwife Led Unit? Thats where im going???...

Congratulations. Hope to see you on the boards a bit more again. x

Aw how beautiful! Congratulations to you all, you must be sooo proud :) xx

Aww lovely, congratulations on your granddaughter, and congrats to Tattie too :hugs: Glad Kaylum is in love with his little sister!

how wonderful!! im so pleased for you all, and big brother Kaylum of course! :cloud9:

Congratulations on your grand daughter and congratulations to tattie

Congratulations! That sounds amazing.

Was it the Bedford Hospital Midwife Led Unit? Thats where im going???...

No Hon - it was the L&D, but I've heard good things about the Bedford one too :thumbup:

Congratulations. Hope to see you on the boards a bit more again. x

Thanks Hon ... Tattie's pregnancy introduced me to a wonderful new hobby/business which is why I haven't been around much :blush:

I'm now renovating vintage prams - stripping them right back and then re-painting, re-lining and making new hoods and aprons. The finished ones are being hired out for weddings and christenings etc :happydance:

So I now have a house full of enormous old prams in various stages of renovation LOL ... Here's the one I did for Tattie to use for Taylor (Kaylum has a seat that goes on the front)

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/LilythePink.jpg

Here's Taylor (in her pram lol)

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/TaylorinherPram.jpg

And here's Kaylum admiring his baby sister :cloud9:

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/KaylumandTaylor.jpg

Congratulations to Tattie and your whole family. Kaylum does look like he enjoys her, and they're both such beautiful children. And I love the story; that is a lovely birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->