baby toiletries

dizzymeg

Reaction score
Hello all
Just wondering if you had any advice, I have quite sensitive skin, and assuming the baby might be the same - i have heard that johnsons isnt the best for this. I cant just use what my mum used for me as I was born in india! not much use!
so yea, what are your thoughts on other products which are more natural?
thanks
x

I posted a thread about this the other day (well, the other week!). I've bumped it (as I think it's something that's useful to know about!), but here's the link - https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/364740-natural-organic-skincare-babycare.html

I love Halo's & Horns in terms of it being easy to find and not too pricey, but my absolute fave at the moment is Nature's Recipe :thumbup:

Halos and Horns is my favourite at the moment, her skin is really soft afterwards and smells lovely! They do the all over washes which I like - much easier to use the same stuff on their hair! Its also a very good price :)

I do like Burts bees all over wash BUT I find if I use it every bath time she gets rough skin!
I still use the Burts Bees talc free powder, which is great as I like to make sure she is bone dry everywhere like between her toes before bed.
Also the Berts Bees cream is fantastic for any rough bits, like on knees from crawling!

My brothers girlfriend has just given us a gorgeous Burts Bees Baby Gift Set today which we will use and see how we get on with. Boyo has Psoriasis so there is a chance Missy Moo could have too and even if she doesn't we want the gentlest of gentle on her skin :flower:

xxx

I'm a fan of Burts Bees too - especially the talc free powder, soap & cream. Periodically Waitrose have it on offer - 3 for 2.

I also use Weleda - nappy cream is fab, gets rid of any redness overnight. Their cream bath is very moisturising. Boots & Waitrose sometimes have it on offer - 25% off.

Sometimes use Waitrose own baby products - very good value (far cheaper than Burts Bees & Weleda) & they dont contain nasty parabens & sodium laurel sulphate.

I didn't bath either of mine for the first 2 weeks to allow their PH balance naturally and afterwards I just used water. If either are really smelly I use Burts Bees but even my nearly 3 year old rarely gets dirty enough to need anything more than water. I wash her hair in their shampoo&wash though.

we use infacare here which smells so nice and reminds me of what a baby should smell of :) that beautiful baby smell :hugs:

I'd just avoid anything with SLS in it tbh, johnsons unfortunately carries this in most of their products. We use Halos and Horns every now and again and Lush Baby bath bomb but more often than not it has to be plain water. For wipes we generally use reusables with water or now we are using sheepish grins foaming solution for sensitive skin when on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->