Baby too low down??

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I managed to go this long without getting a doppler but then couldn't hold back any longer so I ordered myself one and it arrived today! Eeekk!!!!

Only thing is, I'm not sure I'm using it properly / it's working properly etc.....

Took me ages to hear anything, couldn't even find my own heartbeat! lol

Then eventually I found what sounded like our DDs hb (138 bpm) but it was on my pubic bone?!
Should she really be this far down???

I had a MW app yesterday and she found her much higher!

So was I actually listening to her hb or mine??

MW measured her at 134 bpm yesterday so seems right but just very very low in my pelvis for 18 weeks, my bump 'popped' about 2 weeks ago

Sounds fine- my baby is usually around 4 inches below my belly button and I dont have a bump yet!

I was at midwife today and she found hb straight away but it was quite a bit higher than where I find baby - she probably just has a better doppler than picks up the sounds even if you are not directly ontop of the baby.

138 bpm wouldnt be your hb:flower:

Hi

I've got a doppler and still find baby's HB very low down and always to the left - I'm 23 weeks. At my 16 week appointment my MW found it much higher.

You've got to bear in mind the doppler for home use is nowhere near as good as the one the MW uses so it probably doesn't pick up as easily.

You should be able to tell if the HB is you or the baby. If I'm ever in doubt I feel my pulse on my neck at the same time - it will be the same rhythm if it's yours.
Although you can tell straight away when you've found baby's - it's much faster than yours.

I had my doppler from around 14, 15 weeks and found her quickly but she was very low. Even now I know where she'll be if I ever struggle and it's still sometimes low. At 18 weeks although I had a bump she hadn't really moved up at all. I wouldn't worry about it, I think it's normal. They like to find a certain place and stay in it so you might find your baby is always in the same place. x

i'm the same, i've got a bump but she's always either sat really low on my left or sometimes she sits a bit higher but more central - i give her a poke sometimes if she's really low on my left and you hear a whooshing noise on the doppler, then you find her in the middle :haha:

Thank you all so much, makes me feel much better :)

Although, it does make me feel like a fat cow now that I know my 'baby bump' must just be fat if she's altually that low down :rofl:

Don't be silly!!
I have most definately got a baby bump - I'm 23 weeks, and I can only find the HB low down.

Enjoy your bump and enjoy listening to the HB :hugs:

Same here, baby is always quite low down although occasionally she does move up. Also remember you could be picking up the pulse in the placenta which could be higher/lower, and is the same speed i think as baby, the MW showed me the difference at my 16wk app but i can't remember the difference in the sounds really!

My baby moves all the time. Sometimes I find it by the belly button, other times (like this morning) right by my pubic bone! It's fine hun xx

I've had a doppler for a week or so now, the AngelSounds one. I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. However, attempting to find the baby last night, he appeared to be laying on my public bone. Some days I'll find the hb on the left side, right side, high, low, scattered but I think it's because they're so active too & have so much space to move. I tend to do mine and the baby's heart beat per minute in order to ensure I am distinguishing the two. The baby tends to be 150bmp. They're just God sends those dopplers! All the best sweetie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->