Baby turning breech @ 34 weeks?

SpotlessMind

Reaction score
My daughter has been in the head down, back facing left position since before 28 weeks. All of a sudden, I feel this big hard lump all the way up by my right ribs (what I think is her head, as her butt used to be to the left around my belly button) and feet down lower where her butt used to be, so I went to have a listen in with my doppler. Can't find the heartbeat anywhere down low, and can only find it up by my right ribs. So, I'm 99% sure she's turned breech out of nowhere.

I have read up on spinning babies and will try those techniques, but what on earth would possess her to move at this stage? Shouldn't she be more comfortable head down, and actually have trouble moving that position? I know babies can move up to pretty late in pregnancy, but it just seems bizarre that she'd be in the right position for so long and then change her mind to be a pain in my butt this late in the game.

I don't know why she decided to change now, but there is time.... If she turned around now, then there's still room for her to turn back to head down! I have read on here that some women have had success with some of the things from spinning baby( like the inversion stuff). Hopefully she goes back down and gets settled for you soon!

Hi
I have had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Im nearly 34 weeks now as well and My LO has been in head down position since approx 25 weeks, then yesterday I could feel her head really pushing against the top of my womb. (Huge bulge and I think its too big to be her bum).
I rang my midwife who told me that there is still plenty of room in there for her to be moving around (even though it doesnt feel like it) and not to worry as she may turn again. She also advised to start leaning forward more when sitting etc to try and encourage her to move and to go head down.
She said they only really check at 36 weeks to see if they are breech and if thats the case I may get a scan at 37 weeks to check positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->