Baby Wearers!!

elm

Mama
Reaction score
How do you wear your baby? What slings / wraps do you have?

x

oh mine...:blush:

Moby Wrap -black
Close Wrap - red
EllaRoo Wrap - red
Front Back and Sides Mei Tai - cream straps with dragon flies and ladybirds on the body
EllaRoo Mei Tai - blue with grey straps
Moms in Mind Silk Ring Sling - blue
think that's all...

We're mainly using the Mei Tai at the moment and I use the ring sling for quick carries like popping into a shop or around the house :)

:rofl: I was going to ask this!

I just have a Baba Sling. After two attempts to get Jack into it lying down and him getting his feet stuck and screaming I gave up and now sit him up in it!

i got a babasling because i liked the look of it-but ern didnt look very comfy in it and it didnt feel very safe walking about,so i took it back and said it didnt feel safe and i swapped it for the close baby carrier which i absolutley love love love!! it is so comfy-even for me with a knackered back and residual spd!! Ernie loves it,as he loves being close to me i can wear it all day and it doesnt hurt me at all.

I am going to have to start wearing him round the other way soon tho as he is getting a right nosebox!! He had the abdabs when i wore it at the church on sunday when we went to my friends baby's christening-because he was facing me and couldnt see what was going on!!

I have had a few different ones

Snuggli front carrier
Baby Bjorn front carrier
pouch sling
a wrap (can't remember the brand now it wasn't moby though)
Babyhawk

the only one I really used more than a couple times was my babyhawk, I love it and still use it with Hayden who is 22mo

I have a little star pouch sling and a moby wrap. We use them both quite a bit. The wrap is more comfortable for longer walks but the sling is easier for around the house and going out when we're in and out of the car all day. I do want to try a mei tai too, the store near me sells babyhawks so maybe I will get one soon.

we use the close sling,
i went off baby wearing for a few months after i bought a car i could get a pushchair in, but now we have fun when we are shopping, rhys likes to check all the labels and smell everything as well when we're in sainsburys.
i do have to pull him in tight and have him hig to begin with cos he's a wriggle bum
x

i have a baba sling and love it so does daisy really fancy sometin ele too now tho..any recommendations???

sara

xxxxxx

I have an Ergo and while it was expensive, it was worth every penny. Last summer one of the LOs I looked after(13 months at the time) didn't nap, so I just strapped them in my Ergo and off we went for a walk in the park and they fell asleep right away.
Was a bit difficult finding the waist extender(was sold out online for a long time) as I am a size 18 and need the extender to wear the Ergo low on my waist.

I have an Ergo as well, the sport, and I love it. I put Brenn on my back, and he loves it. I put him on the front when I need to get him to sleep, and he goes off pretty quickly. It is pricy, but is soooo comfortable.

i have 2 moby wraps (forest & navy), and a ring sling for myself; and two slendangs (indonesian batik baby wraps) for the nanny.

i love love love the moby wrap!

I have an organic cotton yellow and red rockin' ring sling and a babyhawk Mai Tai.

I'm going to get myself a water sling and a wrap here pretty quick :)

I have a Close baby carrier in black. Alyssa loves it as she can have a nosey at everything and smile at everyone. She's happy in it for ages when we're out and about. Thinking that it will be a godsend for us in December when we (hopefully!) fly from the UK to Canada for the holidays; will make getting round the airports easier, and mean we don't need a stroller (my parents have one at their place for us to use)

i have a baba sling and love it so does daisy really fancy sometin ele too now tho..any recommendations???

sara

xxxxxx

I'm loving reading about everyones slings :D

I'd recommend a stretchy wrap to take you up to around six months Sara, like the Moby or Close wrap. The Moby takes a bit more getting used to but once you're wrapping it's a bit more supportive than the Close and will help you with non-stretchy wraps later if you move on to them.

The Close wrap is very similar to the Moby but it's lots quicker to put on, you lose a bit of support but it's really convinient.

I'd go with the Moby (or similar - a long stretch piece of material style) as you've already got your Baba Sling for quick carries and you'll be able to have the Moby on for much longer without feeling it as your baby gets bigger.

Hope that helps - just my opinion xxx

:hugs2: x

I have a Close baby carrier in black. Alyssa loves it as she can have a nosey at everything and smile at everyone. She's happy in it for ages when we're out and about. Thinking that it will be a godsend for us in December when we (hopefully!) fly from the UK to Canada for the holidays; will make getting round the airports easier, and mean we don't need a stroller (my parents have one at their place for us to use)

I love using a carrier in the airport. First trip I used the Mai Tai and then changed to the sling because it was easier for security and stuff. Edward LOVED being able to see everything and he even laid down and had a nice nap in the sling at one point.

I have a Moby wrap (pink :blush:) and a Babasling. Still not completely comfy with the babasling, but I love love love the Moby!

I got a babasling which I just couldn't get the hang of when he was younger but it is easier now he can sit up on my hip in it. I would love to try a different sling by my OH isn't keen as apparently I don't use the babasling enough! I did try explaining to him I couldn't get on with it, I think I will just have to sneakily get another one and hope he doesn't notice lol!

I have a Moby wrap (pink :blush:) and a Babasling. Still not completely comfy with the babasling, but I love love love the Moby!

maybe we should have a Moby Wrap Lovers club. :haha:

:rofl:

I do love it though :lol:. I'm convinced nothing beats it :D

My babyhawk came tday and iam in love :cloud9: went for a walk no backache and baby looked comfy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->