Baby Wearers!!

I have a baby bjorn front carrier, which I love. It's bright green though, so I get stared at a lot in Tescos which has taken some getting used to! I find it comfy and wear it around the house and when we go out. Freya is just getting to the point where I can turn her round in it, which she loves, as she is becoming more and more nosey every day!

I have a black and white geometric pattern ring sling. Austin loves being cradled in it all day long and goes straight to sleep. Not sure how to use it for other holds though...

I have a black and white geometric pattern ring sling. Austin loves being cradled in it all day long and goes straight to sleep. Not sure how to use it for other holds though...

youtube has loads of instructional videos x

I have a black Moby Wrap. Not used it yet tho altho tested it on my niece :D

thanks girls! I've been looking for a sling that has goes over both shoulders and the moby looks great for it.. I'm guessing it's fairly easy to breastfeed in as well?

Also, how easy is it for your partners to use? as it's one size, does it fit both you and OH comfortably?

See i really wanted to use mine but Tabs didnt like it, even from 2 weeks old she hated not being able to see :( I hope the next buba wants to be hugged :lol: I cant remember the name though, had to face her forward but not too long as she found it hard obv :dohh: she was so determined.

thanks girls! I've been looking for a sling that has goes over both shoulders and the moby looks great for it.. I'm guessing it's fairly easy to breastfeed in as well?

Also, how easy is it for your partners to use? as it's one size, does it fit both you and OH comfortably?

the moby is fantastic! :thumbup: it comes with a manual that shows you the different holds - and it has one which is set for moms who breastfeed!

my husband loves using the moby, too - though he chooses the more masculine color of the two (navy). the way the moby is designed makes it comfortable to use for everyone.

(can you see how much i love mine? :) had it sent all the way from the US as i couldn't find the moby here. i just love the fabric they use on it.)

Hunter is 2 years now, and likes to be worn while out and about, but not all the time. He likes to walk by himself a lot. When he was a baby we did the Moby Wrap, and DH had a Snugli. I have made 2 ring slings and we have a Muchkin JellyBean which I use now and is my favorite.

Eddie Bauer front carrier
Infantino Slingrider
One of these

I just find the last one (the wrap) really hot/sweaty for the summer??

I have a Cuddlywrap (identical to the Moby) and I love love love love love it!!!!

It's not too hot to use in the summer as the fabric is light and breathable. It's super comfy and sometimes when Claire's needing a cuddle but I have stuff to do I'll pop her in it around the house. She's happy as she's close to me and I'm happy as I can get stuff done!

Wouldn't trade it for the world!

i swapped it for the close baby carrier which i absolutley love love love!! it is so comfy-even for me with a knackered back and residual spd!!

I have the Close baby carrier too but my five week old LO can't seem to sit upright in it. He sort of slouches over to one side. Is it because he's still too little or am I wearing it wrong? I really want to use it because I love the softness of it and the way it fits so comfortably on my shoulders.

Thanks
Nel

I have the Close baby carrier too but my five week old LO can't seem to sit upright in it. He sort of slouches over to one side. Is it because he's still too little or am I wearing it wrong? I really want to use it because I love the softness of it and the way it fits so comfortably on my shoulders.

Thanks
Nel

5 week old babies can't sit upright, they don't usually crack that until 5-6 months. They will slouch over, which is why it's best for their spinal development to lie flat or be cradled.

i swapped it for the close baby carrier which i absolutley love love love!! it is so comfy-even for me with a knackered back and residual spd!!

Thanks
Nel

It might be that you're not doing it up tight enough. Your baby doesn't need to be able to sit up to be able to use it - it can be used for newborns. It's really supportive all the way down your baby's back and their head is supported too if it's under one of the side straps or the middle bit is pulled up as support.

There are instructions here -

https://www.closeparent.com/our-products/close-carrier/how-to-wear.dot

or here as a pdf

https://www.closeparent.com/dotAsset/6783.pdf

You can put your baby in a cradle position in the wrap if you prefer, the instructions are included in the above.

If you want to you could check www.slingmeet.co.uk where you can find out if you've got a local slingmeet where you could get help with your wrap and see lots more :D

:hugs: xxx

Piccy for you elm...... :hugs:

https://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa121/00diva00/DSC01951.jpg

You're welcome my lovely xx

I have the Wilkinet carrier but he's too small for it. I'm trying to get hold of a cheap babasling but no such luck, lol.

Thanks
Nel

It might be that you're not doing it up tight enough. Your baby doesn't need to be able to sit up to be able to use it - it can be used for newborns. It's really supportive all the way down your baby's back and their head is supported too if it's under one of the side straps or the middle bit is pulled up as support.

There are instructions here -

https://www.closeparent.com/our-products/close-carrier/how-to-wear.dot

or here as a pdf

https://www.closeparent.com/dotAsset/6783.pdf

You can put your baby in a cradle position in the wrap if you prefer, the instructions are included in the above.

If you want to you could check www.slingmeet.co.uk where you can find out if you've got a local slingmeet where you could get help with your wrap and see lots more :D

:hugs: xxx

Thanks Shifter and Elm.

When I said he can't sit upright I meant that he's not supported, rather than he can't sit himself up. I've tried it again today and he looks much more comfortable. I think it's because he's bigger than when I first tried it so the tightness I've given it fits him properly now...IYKWIM... He's fast asleep anyway!

My OH uses a Baby Bjorn because he doesn't like all the excess fabric on the Close Carrier. But I definitely think LO looks more comfy in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->