baby wearing instead of double buggy?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
River will be 20/21 months (i think) when this baby is born and i planned on baby wearing instead of getting a double buggy as honestly my loola annoys me enough with its size so i can imagine me tearing my hair out with a double.

anywho..i cant think if any draw backs but another thread has made me wonder whether im forgetting something.

So would it work?

it works for me, I only use the double when im going down to the beach or going out for hours and hours, i use it for the beach because its all uphil on the way home and pushing charlie in a single and having harry in a sling plus dragging the dog along kills me! if im going shopping then its just easyer for me to have the double but thats only if im going shopping for all day, i have a really nice p+t and to be honest it was a waste of money and totaly pointless i should have just got a small unberella double. the rest of the time i wear harry and let charlie walk some times i'll put him in the little pushchair if we're guna be out a while!

That's what I plan on doing. LO will be 23 months old when the new baby arrives so I plan to wear the baby for a few months and LO can stay in the buggy, then LO can either walk or go on a buggy board and the baby can go in the buggy.

If we have a second, I plan to wear one and push one rather than get a double buggy too.

I wear both sometimes, or have DH wear ds1. We never bought a double stroller, and I don't even know where our single stroller is, haven't used it.

I'm planning on doing this too! Hoping that by the time the baby is too big to be carried any more, Joseph will be able to walk far enough not to need the pushchair, or will just need a buggyboard x

my boys have a 21month age gap for the first few months i would wear EJ and push Nate caus hes not reliable walking everywhere but much to big to carry, i do have a double but its a pita and i hate it lol but have to use it for trips out on the bus etc.... as i still havent upgraded my carrier to one i can comfortably carry EJ with

I wear both sometimes, or have DH wear ds1. We never bought a double stroller, and I don't even know where our single stroller is, haven't used it.

we do this too, my husband sometimes wears charlie, im planning on wearing both harry and the new baby whenever possible, but i really dont think wearing harry and charlie would be an option because their both so big now!

I probably will wear newbaby and push Mog in the single sometimes, but I've bought an iCandy Peach for going on the tube/bus/out for the day. I need to be able to put them both down somewhere, and I won't be able to lift Mog up stairs in the pushchair if I'm carrying Teddy. She'll be 18 months when he's born and has only been walking a couple of months, and I doubt she'll be much better when he's born. We don't let her walk anywhere, as she falls over a lot, she just gets to run round in the park, but is pushed to it iykwim. We might only use it for six months, but I really really felt we needed it!

I probably will wear newbaby and push Mog in the single sometimes, but I've bought an iCandy Peach for going on the tube/bus/out for the day. I need to be able to put them both down somewhere, and I won't be able to lift Mog up stairs in the pushchair if I'm carrying Teddy. She'll be 18 months when he's born and has only been walking a couple of months, and I doubt she'll be much better when he's born. We don't let her walk anywhere, as she falls over a lot, she just gets to run round in the park, but is pushed to it iykwim. We might only use it for six months, but I really really felt we needed it!

excuse me while i go sulk :sulk: i wanted the Peach so badly but Nate is too big for it :dohh:

Mog is a dinky baby handily, but the straps are SO short in that thing. It's a real pain getting them to do up with the seat padding, a cosy toes and a coat on. Thankfully she'll be in fewer layers soon. iCandy told me that the new version has longer straps as standard though, but it's not a pushchair she'll be in until she's three, put it that way!

We are TTC number 2, and should i fall soon this is what we will be doing.. i cannot stand my pushchair too big and it slows me down :dohh:

lucy although i can only see the top of your sling in your avatar it looks lush what is it a babyhawk?

We are TTC number 2, and should i fall soon this is what we will be doing.. i cannot stand my pushchair too big and it slows me down :dohh:

This is us! We have the streety and it's so hard to push and manoeuvre so I even want a new buggy, it's that bad! But I plan to sling new baby x

Linnikins if you get the icandy apple and then the pear attatchment they are MUCH bigger :shrug:

I have an icandy as Tabs seems to get tired walking that far? But I do both... before I had Rosalie I thought it would be impossible (Tabs hated being carried) but I think now that it would have been fine.... Only time is if you go shopping and want to either try stuff on or go for lunch as mine seems to wake up if i sit down :dohh:

I never got a double either. there are 2 years between my 2 kids. At first I carried Alice (baby) in my ergo and had Nate (toddler) in the pushchair. But now he walks most places and refuses to go in the pushchair, so Alice rides in the chair now. I carry the Ergo underneath the pushchair and put Nate on my back when he gets too tired. That's getting less and less now though, but I still don't leave home without it!

almost any double is not suitible caus of Nates weight lol hes really to big for the one we have but 2 caus i got it free then i dont mind takin it to the tip afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->