Baby wearing....is this a NO?

wish4baby

Reaction score
I was just looking at an article here on BnB - "Don't worry, you're not the worst parent" & it had funny parenting fail photos.
Anyways, one of them (#9) was a sleeping baby in a front carrier with a napkin over her head, while the mom ate a taco or something...is this a huge no no?
I have worn my baby girl in my woven wrap to go into a restaurant, and since she falls right asleep, I eat with her in there. I use a napkin with each bite to make sure nothing falls on her (although, I don't place the napkin over her head lol).

In fact, this is my preferred method of eating out! I've done it several times since she was about 3 weeks old (now 5 1/2 weeks)...I hate her stuck in her baby car seat carrier - she cries in there anyway - and she loves to be worn. I do get a lot of stares, but I thought people were admiring my beautiful woven wrap :haha: (or wondering about baby wearing since it's not super common around here). now I wonder if they are thinking, what is wrong with her?:dohh:

So, has anyone else gone out to eat with LO in a front carrier or am I the only one?:blush:

I have eaten with Jacob on front. It seemed too much of an effort to remove him whilst he was happy & chilled out just to put him back on.

I've done it loads of times. I don't think I've ever put a napkin on LO's head (probably should have though, I used to find crumbs on her shoulders and hair!) but I've put a muslin or blanket over her head while out in the rain. In a wrap, I'd just pull the wrap over her :)

I tried waking a sleeping baby ONCE and have gone to great pains to avoid ever doing it again. If baby is happy, leave them be.

I would eat as long as it wasn't anything hot/dangerous. I've often covered LO in crumbs when eating while she's on me!:blush:

Oh yes, no hot mugs of coffee, although I would happily get coffee in a 'to go' cup and just be careful. It's a bit different with a little baby who's asleep and a giant toddler with their head in the way too!

I ate thanksgiving dinner much how you described. Violet was about 3 weeks old at the time. My father-in-law made a joke about getting her a head-bib.

I eat about 50% of my meals like that - otherwise i'd never eat hot food because i'd be too busy jiggling a grumpy baby!

I drape a muslin over DS2's head and always did with my eldest, too. Seemed practical, and I figured I'd rather look silly than drop food down him. I do make sure his face is uncovered.

I did this all the time in the beginning at home. It was the only way I was able to eat for a few weeks when I was home by myself! Little guy got crumbs on his head, but he didn't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->