Baby wearing question

TennisGal

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

DH and I tend to babywear DD most of the time - we have a lovely buggy, and I enjoy using it...but I realised this weekend, I actually get quite excited using it...because it's still a novelty :D

We feel more comfortable with DD next to our chest when we are shopping, out somewhere busy...and happy with the buggy when somewhere v.quiet.

Thing is, I've been getting blistering headaches - I went to the GP, and apparently it's all muscular-skeletal, and related to me wearing DD :wacko: GP told me I need to use the buggy more, but I don't really want to yet.

Can you please recommend a sling that has tonnes of back support? We have a Baby Bjorn Active that is supposed to be great for this, but doesn't seem to balance the weight all that well. I'm not so big, so need it quite well distributed.

Thank you :flower:

I have had back problems for a long time (I had major surgery Feb 08) so I wasnt sure how Id cope with carrying LO this time. Last time I only had a Tomy carrier but this time with the Moby/Ellaroo and connecta (with back support band thing) I havent even had a twinge, even when wearing Theo for 4/5 hours at a time. I do find a wrap to be very supportive as the weight is spread over such a large area and if you need too you can change carries as often as you need.

:hi: Hi hon!

I would guess Squish is the best person to advise you given she's had back problems in the past. But I had a mothercare carrier in the beginning which is quite similar to the Baby Bjorn and it was incredibly painful, even with the back support. I now have a mei tai carrier and it's amazing, no more pain and Aisling is so much heavier now than she was when I still used the mothercare one. The connecta is a like a mei tai but with buckles and additional back support so that could be a great one.

My chicco carrier knacked my back, got a moby wrap & I dont have a twinge.

I'd definitely say a mei tai, wrap, or SSC. With you being used to buckles you might want to stay along those lines, something like a Patapum maybe? Connectas are good but I'd go with something with a waistband so you carry more weight on your hips. A Manduca?

Thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate it - and I'll get looking now! Was just a bit peeved with my GP, I said DD and I don't really always like the buggy, and got back a 'well, you'll both just have to'

:(

I thought GP was ok, it's normally the HV who gives me patronising nods!

DH is also getting back ache, and he's v.tall, so I think we definitely need something a bit more appropriate. And he needs to maybe stop carrying DD on his head to get the laughs ;)

I graduated from a moby and am now happily using a connecta.
I tried a friends Ergo though and it has mega lumbar support, so it's worth checking out.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ergo-Baby-...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1273441852&sr=8-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->